Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. right so I took everyone's advice and stuck with the original carb set up. Got them off and gave them a full clean got them back on and she now runs but when I let off the gas the revs stay really high for a few seconds before dropping down again and sometimes they stay at up around 3k ive checked that everything is moving freely and nothing is getting stuck so i can only assume is something to do with the setup any advice would be great

·
Registered
736 Posts
Sounds like the throttle return cable is not connected, loose, or broken. I would start by checking the two cables that connect the handle bar throttle to the carbs.

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Could be a vacuum leak on the carb boots, between the carbs and the heads. Maybe try re-seating, check clamps.

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Might also take the rear boots loose, lift the slides by hand and see if they drop all the way back down with a bit of air resistance and woosh sound. If you had the diaphragms out, they may not be seated correctly under the top plate.

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Well, don't know much at all about carburetors. 48,000 mi. on mine never been worked on,except seafoam, i bought it @ 1,400 mi.
You're next! :)

I used to say that, then I slacked off on the seafoam and got a clogged pilot jet. seafoam-seafoam!

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
Have you tried lubing the throttle cables?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm not up to speed on your setup Juice, but is yours ear shaved at all? Stock jets and all stock intake/exhaust? To me it almost sounds like either a vacuum leak like previously mentioned or maybe running a little on the rich side causing the rpms to hang out. Did the air/fuel mixture screw get set back where it was? How many turns out?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts