Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at a few different systems to put on my Vulcan. Im just looking for a system to hook my ipod to. Just a amp and speakers. I've seen a few of them from Pyle, Shark and so on. Anyone have one of these systems or knowledge of them?

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
I have had Rumbel road and had problems with them. I have sence modified them by removing the internal amp and replacing it with a external one and sounds much better.
Sorry I can tell you the name of the amp as I got it from a reseller.
Makes long trips so much better.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
I recently bought upgraded speakers for mine. I purchased Shark speakers & use them with the cheasy little radio I have.

The speakers are crap but the little radio is ok. A complete shark system is nice & they sound good. Soon I'm looking to go a completely different route. Can't tell you about it yet cause I don't know if it will work! lol But I can say it's marine grade. (Boats)

·
The Reanimater
847 Posts
I just bought one of these
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400226191321&ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:US:1123
It showed up yesturday so haven't put it in yet but it is just a AM/FM radio with a USB slot & a SD card slot.

I've been looking at a few different systems to put on my Vulcan. Im just looking for a system to hook my ipod to. Just a amp and speakers. I've seen a few of them from Pyle, Shark and so on. Anyone have one of these systems or knowledge of them?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Super Moderator
11,926 Posts
I want a stereo system so my girlfriend can hear the music too while we are riding. Otherwise if its just me I wear ear buds.

This is the one Im thinking about getting... http://cgi.ebay.com/PYLE-PLMCA40-MTV-MOTORCYCLE-BOAT-Sound-Speaker-Package-/390326922021?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ae14c2b25
You know, they sell these things called "Y" connectors. You can plug two headphones into one audio source. They also make online volume controls so you and your girlfriend can listen to the music at whatever volume you prefer.

I use Eytomic ER6i earbuds. They cut outside noise so you do not need to pump up the volume to hear your tunes even at higher speeds.

My iPhone can also send audio out via the new stereo Bluetooth protocol, there are several rider to passenger bluetooth intercom units that allow you to plug in Mp3 players, or even listen to stereo via Bluetooth wireless transmission.
Or even listen to FM radio. Some players have built in FM transmitters....

So, really, there are Alot of options as far as just listening to music, not to mention having the ability to talk to your passenger while riding.. (intercoms can override music... So if you have something to say to your passenger, the music I'd automatically turned down , and the intercom feature takes over as soon as you start talking.

Speakers are just so 60's you know.....;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah but here in NY ear buds are illegal and I can't afford any tickets. Trust me they will bust people for something as small as that.

·
Glenn C.
1,628 Posts
I hate to be a bummer, and maybe i am not correct on this, but I do believe you may run into some issues installing a radio/speakers on your VN750.

I think its because of the STATOR, there's only so much watts/amps available for power for accessories.
I've read alot about people's stators frying and having to replace them.

I was looking into putting such a system on my vulcan, but someone told me the available amps or watts or something was on 70, and if you hook up a 200 or 250w amp, its going to pull that and eventually fry your stator.

So I gave up and just stuck to my earbuds and mp3 player.

I am pretty sure others will chime in on this issue.
I just don't want you blowing money on a system and then frying your stator!

Peace

·
If only it had 6th gear..
1,100 Posts
Here's a couple of systems for under 100 bucks. Small modules and 1/8 stereo inputs for phone/mp3/ipod, blah blah.
http://cruisingwithtunes.com/StereoSystems.aspx

In Mass earbuds are illegal too. I think it's kinda ridiculous since most stereo's worth their salt can squash out surrounding noise more than earbuds do. It's apparently ok though, to rattle grandma's teeth out of her head from someones 12 inch sub cracking the pavement six cars back lol.

Let us know what you come up with. I'd be interested.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Headphones/earbuds are alot cheaper, sound better, and don't wake the neighbors....
and are illegal in alot of states, I like to hear what is happing around me.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've looked into that. That's why Im going with a smaller amp and I've switched over to LEDs on everything.

·
Super Moderator
11,926 Posts
Well, I'd never suggest anyone break the law....I do know there are Alot of companies selling motorcycle com systems that feature in helmet speakers or the option to use in the ear speakers.

Someone must be buying these things.....

And I can say after years of riding a bike with earbuds OR earplugs...there's nothing happing around you that you can't hear anyway.... Sirens, car horns and even the sound of your own motor still are audible...unless you have your music turned up loud enough to damage your hearing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts