Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ba dum dum, ching...
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Between work and the weather I haven't been on my bike in a month. It's killin' me!

R

·
Vintage bike addict
859 Posts
Yep! It's going to be a long winter. Parked Bike Syndrome sucks.

·
Straight roads are evil
580 Posts
Um... uh... 130 miles of awesome twisties today. /ducks the snowballs!

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
Unfortunately here it is going to be a short winter, and it's already half over. I've already racked up a few thousand miles on all my bikes, but not as many as I would have liked, it's been one thing after another. I only have about 3 more months of decent riding weather left, and then it is time to park the bikes for a long hot summer. I had hoped to reach 50,000 on the Vulcan this winter, and I may still may make it, but it will be close. Jerry.

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
Between work and the weather I haven't been on my bike in a month. It's killin' me!
R
You guys gotta move down to south Florida. Riding right now is PERFECT. And you can't beat the low cost of buying a house down here right now.

·
Ba dum dum, ching...
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
EQ,
I've been to your neighborhood enough times to know that except for rain you guys never have bad weather (we have facilities in San Carlos, Emeryville and San Ramon). But except for a Bill Gates and Steve Jobs who can afford to live there.

Jerry, Frankly I'd rather face 3 months of cold weather than 9 months of hot. While I can't ride very often I can ski (I learned to ski long before I learned to ride and one of the things I like most about riding is that the sensation is very similar to skiing).

Rick, Yeah the weather's OK but where's the work?

It'll warm up enough in a few days to get out for a short spin but right now all I can do is go to the garage and polish the fenders.

r

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,734 Posts
yup, I too suffer from PMS (parked motorcycle syndrome)! I put my vn750 up for the winter back in early Nov. and it won't be back on the road until mid April.

·
Columbus, Ohio
523 Posts
Unfortunately here it is going to be a short winter, and it's already half over. I've already racked up a few thousand miles on all my bikes, but not as many as I would have liked, it's been one thing after another. I only have about 3 more months of decent riding weather left, and then it is time to park the bikes for a long hot summer. I had hoped to reach 50,000 on the Vulcan this winter, and I may still may make it, but it will be close. Jerry.

Seems to me you should be a night rider. Or a snow bird.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts