Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HOWDY YALL

It has been one year four months and 27 days since I last road. I have been on one and a half deployments and an emergency dry dock period, I've been to eight ports in six countrys. And while in America, I have also made every excuse in the book as to why the bike isnt running. Yesterday was the breaking point.

All it took was bout three hours (including drive time for parts) around $120 (including the beef jerky and two cigars) and the ye old VULCAN VERSES along with a few other posts from all the fine people here, and by 1330 I was riding all over the town.

I did purchas new tires and should have them mounted on monday, and the registration is over 5 months expired but renewal request is in the maill.

She is running about 90% right now. The only trouble comes with the exceleration. realy choppy and non responsive to rapid throtleing. i can get up to speed on the highway but there is apsolutly no "get out of the way" exceleratioon.

Im thinking just some carb cleaner but I have learnd to not do to much with out cunsolting a higher knowlege.

·
Registered
555 Posts
seafoam I have had great results with. or a fuel stabilizer. is the gas been sitting in it awhile? Also my mechanic told me the highest octane fuel that gas stations sell we should use in our motorcycles.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use sea foam to get it started, it didnt fire untill i put some in the tank, i removed all year old fuel and filled up with high octain before takeing her out on the town. i alsoe threw new spark plugs in.

should i still add some seafoam to this first full tank to?

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
HOWDY YALL

It has been one year four months and 27 days since I last road. I have been on one and a half deployments and an emergency dry dock period, I've been to eight ports in six countrys.

Im thinking just some carb cleaner but I have learnd to not do to much with out cunsolting a higher knowlege.
First, Thank you for your service... I was in your neck of the woods way back in 1955-57 (Ft. Eustis) actually had a visit to the Naval Hosp. in Norfork...
I am not a higher knowledge, but I think you are on the right track, I would try to run/ride it with a pretty strong dose of SeaFoam in the gas for a bit and see how things come out...
But hopefully a higher knowledge will respond with the propper answer... Good luck...
Again, Thanks for your service, and have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you both, I will add some seafoam before my run today,
Old Dog thank you for your sevice as well

1 - 5 of 5 Posts