Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I just bought an 86 from a friend at work. Been sitting for a couple years. Changed the oil, coolant, new plugs..wham..fired right up rode it a couple times around town then took it to work yesterday about 8 miles my friend took it at lunch and said it had no power. When I went to go home it started adn as soon as you touch the throttle it dies. I trucked it home and pulled the carbs and cleaned them, spent the afternoon today putting it all back together with new fuel lines fresh gas went to start it and nothing. I have lights and I can turn it over by jumping the solenoid but the starter swithch is dead. Now I have a cool bike that is a huge paperweight. HELP!!!!

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
Try taking the starter butten assembly apart inspect it and clean the connections. Use a meter to make sure youre still getting power to it. I dont know what type of climate that you live in but if its anything like mine it still can get rusty in a garage. After sitting as long as you have stated I would check the whole wireing harness out first.

Peace :beerchug:

P.S. Welcome to our lil hole in da wall.

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
My starter button, ('88 750) only works when the far right edge of it is pressed. If pressed in the center, it might catch on occasion, and to the far left, nothing at all, ever. I haven't gotten into it yet, so I don't know what's in there, but it sounds similar.

His suggestion will actually fix the problem, and mine just buys some time.

Let us know what you find!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took my bike over to my sons voc school. He and his teacher worked on it for a half hour and it's running beautiful but they don't know what they did...hmmmmm Keep the old man in the dark!!

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Took my bike over to my sons voc school. He and his teacher worked on it for a half hour and it's running beautiful but they don't know what they did...hmmmmm Keep the old man in the dark!!
Darned kids never tell parents anything!! LOL

Glad he got it running good though. :smiley_th

1 - 6 of 6 Posts