Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
See if the diagram in post #8 is any help:

yea i saw that earlier. i got the transistor in today, soldered it onto the board, and i now have spark on all 4 cylinders. no start though. couple of backfires out of the exhaust

·
Registered
9,115 Posts
yea i saw that earlier. i got the transistor in today, soldered it onto the board, and i now have spark on all 4 cylinders. no start though. couple of backfires out of the exhaust
It's been siting a while, might take a bit to get fuel going. A shot into the intake can help.

Backfire on cranking is a symptom of low cranking voltage on this bike. We all swear by the agm type battery.

Hey, you got spark though!

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Woohooo!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Update: no start still.... have a torn diaphragm in the carb, and missing a needle somehow. Going to rebuild and jet the carb, than hopefully start her up. But as for the igniter it is working as it should, since I replaced that burnt out transistor. Guess the magic smoke can be put back into it. Lol. This engine is not on a bike btw, is going on a go kart pet project of mine. No wiring harness, or jb.... no safety switches, converted to be chain driven. I wouldn't have gotten it wired up without looking through a few posts on this site 😆. There was a few capacitors that needed resoldered on the igniter as well. They looked like they had been cold soldered, not sure if they just got hot or what. But it's working now that's all that matters. Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Update: no start still.... have a torn diaphragm in the carb, and missing a needle somehow. Going to rebuild and jet the carb, than hopefully start her up. But as for the igniter it is working as it should, since I replaced that burnt out transistor. Guess the magic smoke can be put back into it. Lol. This engine is not on a bike btw, is going on a go kart pet project of mine. No wiring harness, or jb.... no safety switches, converted to be chain driven. I wouldn't have gotten it wired up without looking through a few posts on this site 😆. There was a few capacitors that needed resoldered on the igniter as well. They looked like they had been cold soldered, not sure if they just got hot or what. But it's working now that's all that matters. Thanks guys

Haha, you just packed in more magic smoke, good deal, you got to win once in a while.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts