Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to hook up an aftermarket ignition switch and am having difficulty knowing which wires go where. Here are pics of my ignition wiring and switch. If someone would look at these and help me determine what goes where. The harness has a Yellow, Orange/Green, White, Brown/White, Black/White, Red, and Blue wires.

Attachments

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
I am trying to hook up an aftermarket ignition switch and am having difficulty knowing which wires go where. Here are pics of my ignition wiring and switch. If someone would look at these and help me determine what goes where. The harness has a Yellow, Orange/Green, White, Brown/White, Black/White, Red, and Blue wires.
I'll pull the side cover offa Melissa when I get home later and let you know.I did a custom switch on her but that was 3 yrs ago and I don't remember

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
White goes to post that says battery, yellow to ignition, red, orange black, blue(might be purple), brown white,
And orange green to acc, white black cut off

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
I figured it out by trial and error(touch this wire to that wire, SPARK, wrong combo.touch this wire to that wire, light comes on, right combo.lol)

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
For those of you that have installed an aftermarket ignition switch:

What do you do for the lack of a handlebar lock? Not worry about having one? Use some other means to secure the bike?

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
I don't worry about it... if they can figure out how to start my bike, then mre power to them... because even watching me, you won't be able to see all the steps I take to start her up... there are lots of easy ways to hide security lockout devices into the electrical system.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Security for a bike? When I travel other states, I don't bring my sidearm. But, bear mace works wonders. Once in Atlanta, I confronted a guy messing with my bike. He tried to reach into his waistband (down around his knees). Enough said I acquired a chrome 380. Disposed of in a nearby Dollar store trash.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
For those of you that have installed an aftermarket ignition switch:

What do you do for the lack of a handlebar lock? Not worry about having one? Use some other means to secure the bike?[
/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have a brown well worn empty brown holster hangin' on my bars... never been a problem in AZ. (TWO Concealed Carry Permits, valid in 38 states, tho no longer not needed in AZ.). :wow:

:smiley_th

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so i hooked it up today but had to run the black and white wire to ignition with yellow ??? who knows lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts