Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
'85 Bobber
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I've been running through the idea of relocating my ignition switch to the side of my bike. The only real reason would be for some style points. Along with the ignition (cylinder and key) I would like to relocate the start button to "clean up" the handle bars.

Any ideas or precautionary tips?

·
Sparky!!!
8,696 Posts
they make a lot of gadgets to do this with, i have also seen people add the ignition switch and start button to the battery box, and other wierd places... and looking at your talents...you should be able to do this no problemo
how well do you understand the igintion switch wireing circuit? if you have a very food understanding of it, you can get a cheap chrome key ignition switch with a three wire hook up that would work, and it can be mounted where ever your imagination takes you

·
'85 Bobber
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks slim, My knowledge of our electrical system is limited, but that doesn't mean I can't learn it. When I removed the ignition switch I was a little shocked at how much crap was ran to it.

·
Sparky!!!
8,696 Posts
yes there are quite a few wires... do you have a manual for the bike? If not TOC has a manual for download here.... Be warned it is a huge file. also just the wireing diagrams can be found HERE just scroll down to the bottom of the page

·
'85 Bobber
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help slim!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts