Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Work Hard, Play Hard!!
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my Stator last summer and want to make sure everything is good before I run it again this year. My question is since I replaced stator already should I also replace regulator?....I had replaced the Junction box and battery with the stator too.....I had bike checked out at a dealer and they told me that the stator was bad. I then replaced stator myself seems like battery voltage is charging when cranking to 4k rpms....How would I make sure that the regulator is good or not. I have a volt meter to use. I want to relocate the regulator soon too.

Thanks

Erik

:pepper: :lockd: :rockon:

·
Registered
458 Posts
First to answer your question, just because the stator is bad it does not mean the RR is bad as well. However, when my stator went out the advice given to me was to be on the safe side and replace the RR also.
If your getting 14+ VDC at the battery with 4000 RPM and not getting 15 VDC or over I would say the RR is working properly.

·
Work Hard, Play Hard!!
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I connected a meter and at about 3000 RPMs it was at about 13.5-13.7 volts....Then when I went up to 4000 RPMS it dropped down to about 13.19 volts....I then looked at the yellow stator wires and one of them looks like its turning black.....I just replaced stator last summer I hope it is just the regulator this time.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Ok I connected a meter and at about 3000 RPMs it was at about 13.5-13.7 volts....Then when I went up to 4000 RPMS it dropped down to about 13.19 volts....I then looked at the yellow stator wires and one of them looks like its turning black.....I just replaced stator last summer I hope it is just the regulator this time.
Your voltages are a bit lower than expected, but ok for now.

the Black connector does not seem good, should replace, then, maybe your measured voltage readings will go up.

:smiley_th +1

1 - 4 of 4 Posts