Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:BLAM: Hi All,
I have 94 VN 750,runs great EXCEPT cannot adjust the idle. The Bike runs great but I need to keep it choked about halfway to insure I stay running. If I open the the choke fully the bike stalls. I have cleaned the idle needles and run Seafoam through the Carbs to insure nothing is sticking.
When I try to adjust the idle, nothing chnages no decrease no increase.... could the idle adjustment become stripped?? Or maybe a vacuum leak??

·
Calif Rider
725 Posts
I just went out and checked my bike and you can see the shaft just behind the knob turn if it is not stripped. If it does turn, get on the right side of the bike and under where the throttle cables attach at bottom of carbs. You can see a spring that will compress or decompress as you turn the knob on the left. The adjuster may not be connected properly, or not at all

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well thats not the issue....Thanks for reply, I checked the adjustment from the right side of the bike... and was able to see the screw moving and adjusting the throttle the way it should...... The issue now... the idle screw is set all the way in, and I still cant take the choke off all the way. The choke needs to saty on at least half way for the bike to stay running.... Help please!!

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
I think the carbs may be dirty. Can't think of anyting else that would require choke all the time, unless the throttle cables aren't adjusted properly. Try Sea Foam in the gas. Initially about 1/2 can in a tank of fresh gas. Then ride it like you stole it.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Ride it like you stole it! X2!

·
gun slinger
1,110 Posts
mine had a similar problem i was told to rip on it and thats what i did , now it fixed it self . i also added sea foam every time i added fuel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts