Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't see spending 60+ dollars on a new one from the dealer, so before I stick the carbs back in I figured I'd see if anyone has an extra or some sort of tip/hack that works just as easily/well.

after 6 months I'm almost there...

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Can't see spending 60+ dollars on a new one from the dealer, so before I stick the carbs back in I figured I'd see if anyone has an extra or some sort of tip/hack that works just as easily/well.

after 6 months I'm almost there...
You can use a small Potentiometer Knob similar to the one below. you may have to grind the hex head on the idle assy. and epoxy in place. You might find one at radio shack with a set screw to modify. :smiley_th

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-ALLEN-BRADLEY-POTENTIOMETER-KNOB-500K-OHM_W0QQitemZ330227470248QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBI_Electronic_Components?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not 100 % sure what it is supposed to look like but all I had was half a bolt attached to some wire. the pictures in the fiche's make it look like one assembly that goes into a 90 with a knob on one side and the bolt on the other, I have nothing that I can even make resemble that. So I guess I need the whole thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts