Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need to adjust my idle bad. eng. wouldn't idle on both cylinders when I got the bike, now that I found and killed vacuum leak it idles on both cylinders, but once she's warmed up the idle is around 2k. went to adjust my idle and the adjuster wouldn't budge. I knew I shouldn't have but I tried too hard and now the adjuster just spins inside that flex tube part. The part that screws into the carb don't budge, just sits there mocking me! Searched post with no luck, FSM didn't help unless I want to remove carbs. anybody got any relatively painless way to take care of this? thanks!

Jimbo

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
Can you reach in with some long and/or skinny needlenose pliers and break the rod loose and unscrew it all the way?

It sounds likes it's screwed in tight to the end, is that right? Or did it get stripped somehow? Rusted?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yep, that was the last thing I thought of, trying to reach that rod with some needle nose and break it loose, I think it's just been adjusted that way for a long time due to it not idling properly and it just sat to long like that. It is turned way in, I can see a lot of threads, don't know if it's all the way though.

thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Sounds like it is corroded in place. If you can't break it loose with the long needle beaks, you'll have to pull the carbs to get to the assembly.

·
Registered
881 Posts
you may try to soak it with liquid penetrate and let it sit for a while. then see if you can clamp some vise grips on it.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
PB Blaster works good as a penetrating type oil.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts