Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered Badass
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Idle knob on my 94 VN750 ended up on the freeway somewhere. What I have left is a threaded stub where the throttle makes contact. I have no way of adjusting the idle now because I can't get at that stub to rotate it.
What's worse is the idle is too low so I have to hold the throttle in place at all times.

Anyone had anything like this happen? It's next to impossible to get at this due to various stuff being in the way. I really don't want to pull the carbs (again) just to replace what is essentially a screw.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Hmm, can't say I've heard of that happening to anyone.

From looking at the parts diagram, it seems as though the knob is only available as a complete unit for $50+.:doh:

If ya have a motorcycle scrap yard around, it's very likely you could find a replacement there. Wouldn't nessecerily need to be a Vulcan, but a similar carb.

Or maybe try a hardware or Home Depot type store. Some have assortments of knobs and such that ya might be able to get to fit.
Wish I could be of more help, but I've never really looked that closely to the idle knob.

Good luck to ya.

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
you maybe able to get a knob that is close in size, rough up the inside where u thread it in, and epoxy it in place....if you cant find anything.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me. To adjust the idle I use a long 1/4" drive extension with an 8MM socket. Of course mine broke off where the cable meets the shaft. Hope this helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts