Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, thank you Cindy for your great pics! I'm a newbie with an '01 that I just bought a couple of weeks ago. Having the fluids changed by a local mechanic, and get a message on the ans. machine that "the idle screw assembly is missing". Since I don't even know the bike, after looking at Cindy's 5th pic showing the idle adjustment screw, is the long rod-like piece with what looks like threads at the right end the idle screw assembly? I called a parts place this evening, and I THINK the part # is 16021-1112. Can anyone confirm either question? Thank you in advance!

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
First of all, thank you Cindy for your great pics! I'm a newbie with an '01 that I just bought a couple of weeks ago. Having the fluids changed by a local mechanic, and get a message on the ans. machine that "the idle screw assembly is missing". Since I don't even know the bike, after looking at Cindy's 5th pic showing the idle adjustment screw, is the long rod-like piece with what looks like threads at the right end the idle screw assembly? I called a parts place this evening, and I THINK the part # is 16021-1112. Can anyone confirm either question? Thank you in advance!
In the parts fiche it's called the "Screw-Throttle Stop". It's what controls the idle RPM's, so that sounds like what they're referring to.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hyper,

Thank you - and was able to confirm the part # this AM. It's been frustrating - been w/o the bike since Aug 26. Keep wondering "Do I really own one, or has all this been a dream?" *G*

jon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts