Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So normally this time of the year there is lots of snow here and I'm starting to get motorcycle fever because i cant take my bike out, well the most snow we got was in October so needless to say everyone has their bikes out when it starts to get a little warm, so I gotta do my voltage regulator and would like to re paint it before i deside to take it out and start to have fun.
In addition to that i think i need to start conspiring to go beyond stock parts.
SO my first mod after some research is going to address the seat since I dont fit on it with my GF on the back. Found for $100 a meanstreak seat so i think ill be set there
But I dont really like that rear fender too much. so the next thing is what can I swap out or lightly fabercate to fit on the back of my bike and look nice?
My old man has a 1500 that i was looking at and think his fender might work?
also I might swap front fender but not sure yet

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
There are a number of front fenders that can be made to fit, but the rear is not going to be so easy. It has a far more complex shape than many motorcycle fenders. I cleaned mine up a little by removing the license plate light and bracket, and mounting the plate directly to the fender. The Vulcan 750 is not much good for passengers, but neither is the Meanstreak. If you want a good 2 up bike, get a Goldwing or an older 4 cylinder Voyager. Those are about the only bikes still available that work well with a passenger. I have carried my 130 pound daughter on my Vulcan with the stock seat and Kawasaki backrest, and she complained about the seat. Also, with a total of 350 pounds for the 2 of us combined, the soft rear suspension bottomed often.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts