Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
One relocation is to the side covers that have the amber reflectors. They are relacated to where the rectanguler reflector are.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
How about from the front of your head to the back? Then no one will know you're a demon right away...
Never see him coming anyway!!BTW you are a nut!!

Back to the question though, if you have done an ear shave ,you can hide them in the area under the tank where the air box was.

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Here is a link to some pretty poor quality pictures from a few years ago. They were taken in the shade with a cell phone camera, so they don't show much detail, but you can kind of see where the horns are at, and what I did in front where the horns/Kawasaki emblem used to be.

https://picasaweb.google.com/107243579383727476129/JerryS02Vulcan750

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
The Stebel Nautilus compact airhorn has been recommended by many riders.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NPRTII/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1282045073&sr=1-2-spell

I find the Stebel`s tone too high pitched by itself and would add a Fiamm Low tone horn too it.

I have a pair of Fiamm HI/LOW tone Highway Blasters that I am mounting in front where Ma Kaw had the stock roadrunner "beep, beep" horns. I don`t mind the look of the horns in front, and want the sound projected where it will do the most good!

·
If only it had 6th gear..
1,100 Posts

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
OlHoss, are these similar to what you have?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOUD-Fiamm-Dual-Blaster-Trumpet-Hi-Lo-Horn-Set-fits-Classic-Porsche-911-912-914-/360403748338

I'm not really happy with the stock squawkers but I'm curious about what you're doing for mounting these so the trumpets face forward if you have this type. Would you post a picture when you have yours mounted?
Yes, those look just like mine, and are made for automotive use.

The picture in this link looks like the packaging on mine:
http://www.amazon.com/FIAMM-72112-Freeway-Blaster-Horn/dp/B000DINKPQ

The horns on my bike will be mounted with the mouth opening facing down, same as in a car. I don`t have any pictures, but one member here has pictures in his profile album that has them mounted exactly as I plan to do. When I remember who it is, I will post a link to them.

EDIT TO ADD LINK. Here is Baldy`s bike with the Fiamm Freeway Blasters mounted on the front:
http://www.vn750.com/forum/album.php?albumid=245&pictureid=1176

I took the OEM horns off and removed the rubber vibration grommet/damper as well.
I cut a disc from piece of strap steel and ground and filed it to fill the space previously occupied by the rubber dampers, leaving the slot at the top open for a tight fit for the new horn mounting bolt. A larger diameter flat washer on the back side of the fabricated mounting slug will be needed to hold it in place on the mounting bracket, when the nut is tightened on the horn body.

The horns will require a 30 or 40 amp relay to operate as well.
I have tested the horns with wires jumpered straight off the battery, and they WILL WAKE THE DEAD!! :smiley_th

I actually have some horns in my junk box that have been taken off old cars that are probably as loud as the fiamms.
If someone is working on a budget, they can probably pick up a set of old car horns from the wreckers/recyclers for $10-15, that will work just the same.
You will have to be a bit inventive to mount them as my salvaged horns do not have a threaded stud on the back.

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
I picked up an inexpensive set of WOLO 400 Airhorns from O'Rielly's for $20. They are an annoying HIGH pitch tone and never had an issue getting any cagers attention.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Hey Deuce, have you considered that a mudflap would deflect road debris away from the horns mounted way down there?

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
Hey Deuce, have you considered that a mudflap would deflect road debris away from the horns mounted way down there?
This is no issue of debris finding its way inside the horn. There's a greater chance that a rock would break the exterior of the horn first.

·
1,100 Posts
Thanks Gordon. I think they look fine mounted that way. Probably wouldn't make any difference facing down like that or forward. Bet they're plenty loud.

Deuce that is a perfect spot for those air horns you have or the Nautilus mini. Looks awesome. Nice to have some ideas to think about. Although I might have to pick through some wrecks at the boneyard the way things have been, but so it goes. There's gas in it, it starts when I hit the button, and it's mechanically safe so I'm grateful. :smiley_th

·
1,100 Posts
Like Niterider pointed out some of us installed them where the side reflectors are on the bike. I think they look much better there than the stock location that to me screams out "Honda V-65 Magna coming"...........LOL............
http://www.flickr.com/photos/airord/2751683604/in/set-72157606655448936
Love the custom work on this. Never thought of whitewalls on these Vulcans but they look good!
:smiley_th

I read somewhere that those reflectors were mandatory. Probably depends on what state you're in. Could probably get some nicer fork mounted ones if needed. I was going to put marker lights in place of mine. They have an almost exact fit in a nearby hardware store but that fell to the cutting room floor, lol.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I put the fiamm horns on my 1500,I loved the way it sounded but one of them has failed after only one season and I am left with the single high pitched one,it sucks alone!

I was lurking around Gadgets Fixit page and saw where some one had gotten a stock horn off a Ford taurus and was running a single Automotive horn with good results ,if you get an automotive horn ,be sure it has two terminals on it or it won't work right with a single terminal ,I am heading to the salvage yards to see what I can find for 5 or 10 bucks,loud is good where horns are concerned.

·
1,100 Posts
Good point about the two terminals. I made that mistake on an older scoot. Bike are grounded differently I found out. Oops. Thanks man.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts