Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I think I want a trunk... my price cap in probably $75 and I would prefer not to lose my sissy bar.... any ideas out there? I don't need anything huge, but medium size would probably work.

·
Registered
941 Posts
asbrand had one I believe - I don't think it was terribly expensive.

have to search for his input......

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
You do have to have a luggage rack for it to mount on. OH, and if you will need to remove the tool box from the back of the sissy bar. On the trunk, there's a passenger "rest" that I removed so the trunk could open up all the way. With it still on, it hit on the sissy bar and you could barely open it.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Just curious - what do you guys use the trunks for? Anything specific? Or just anything....

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Just curious - what do you guys use the trunks for? Anything specific? Or just anything....
I use mine for stuff I need to get to frequently and extra clothes and any thing that needs to put in a dry place during rain,or out of sight when i'm going to be away from the bike.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
I have not ever had a trunk (yet), but I observed, all promo's state size /large enough for a FFH (Full Face Helmet).

:smiley_th x2

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
When I rode my VN750 to work, I'd put my lunchbox in there, as well as spare gloves, flashlight, shop-rag, and various other things. When I was on a ride, I'd put water bottles and my camera.

I got a similar, but larger version of it for my VN900. My work backpack (laptop, etc.) fits in there completely, so I don't have to wear it now.

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
That looks a lot like the one I bought from them a few years back,It works pretty good and you will have plenty of room for mounting on the Bonnie.Are you still planning on having the top half color matched to your bike?
Yes. Although I might have to get the local shop to match the paint for me. I contacted Colorite about buying the paint from them but it seems they don't have that color available. (Aurium Gold) they did say I could send in one of my side panels and they'd match it. Don't really feel like shipping off parts of my bike....:(

I got pretty spoiled having a tail case thanks to my FJR. So it's not only going to go back there for my wife's benifit.;)

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Yes. Although I might have to get the local shop to match the paint for me. I contacted Colorite about buying the paint from them but it seems they don't have that color available. (Aurium Gold) they did say I could send in one of my side panels and they'd match it. Don't really feel like shipping off parts of my bike....:(

I got pretty spoiled having a tail case thanks to my FJR. So it's not only going to go back there for my wife's benifit.;)
One of the local automotive parts places here has a scanner that they can use to scan the color and it provides the proper mixtures to make an exact match in factory color.it is pretty neat.Here is the kicker, if you want they can put it in a pressurized can,custom rattle can paint!!.or at the very least they should be able to match your paint color for you favorite local body shop to paint it for you.

Of course that may have been what you were talking about when you said local shop.Just throwing it out there for you.

Be sure to to tell the bride you were thinking of her comfort first though ;)

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That trunk looks like what I want... my only concern is all the bad reviews. Alot of people mention the lid popping open and it not being very secure. Did you have a problem with that Denny?

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
I have the Viking Century studded trunk, but it is leather like 2050 cu. in. and cost was around $100... I like it pretty well except it has a bit of sag off the sides of my rack...

PS-here is a pic..

Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
I have the Viking Century studded trunk, but it is leather like 2050 cu. in. and cost was around $100... I like it pretty well except it has a bit of sag off the sides of my rack...

PS-here is a pic..

Are there some tall boys in that red cooooooooooler?:smiley_th

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
That trunk looks like what I want... my only concern is all the bad reviews. Alot of people mention the lid popping open and it not being very secure. Did you have a problem with that Denny?
If you didn't pay attention you could get the lid about half latched and it would come open .I only did that once though.I liked mine pretty well.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Are there some tall boys in that red cooooooooooler?:smiley_th
Ha, ha, no I don't hardly ever even drink coke, it's an age thing, just don't like stopping avery 5 min., but there will be water and good bit of other junk in that red high dollar china-mart back rest...lol...
PS-BTW-see that strip of Velcro down the front of it, I have the other on my vest, and at my age when I get on that holds me upright, especially good when I doze off...lol...

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Ha, ha, no I don't hardly ever even drink coke, it's an age thing, just don't like stopping avery 5 min., but there will be water and good bit of other junk in that red high dollar china-mart back rest...lol...
PS-BTW-see that strip of Velcro down the front of it, I have the other on my vest, and at my age when I get on that holds me upright, especially good when I doze off...lol...
now I'm gonna have to put a Velcro strip on the passenger backrest and a strip on the back of the wife's jacket.....she actually did fall asleep once and I was wondering why the bike kept trying to change lanes on me :doh:

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
LMAO!!!

I told my wife the last time we came home late if she fell asleep and fell off I'd come back for her in the morning.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts