Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Darn it, I have been a customer for a good while, but ain't liking the way things have went...
(#1) - 2-3 yr. ago I bought 2 gal. of Prestone Anti-Freeze on a buy one get one free after mail in rebait, mailed it in and after a good bit with no check I ask at the store and was told it took a good bit for them to send them out, that they were slow, ask again later and was told I should have gotten it... Well it's 2-3 yrs. now and no hope...lol...
(#2) - A bit over a year ago I bought a bed liner from them for my 2011 Silverado PU, when it came in and I put it in it fit good except it was wrinkled and puckered, went by and was told that it needed to go thru some heat cycles to lay down right... I have been on them about it before, but after over a year it still don't lay down... Tuesday I got after them again and they call in to the main office, I guess to see what they could do, they said they couldn't do anything, it had been too long...!!! WTF ...:doh:...:doh:...:doh:...
I'll not repeat what I told them... But I am finished with them for good...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
...I never liked em...I always used either NAPA or AutoZone...never an issue with returns either.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Pep Boys, Auto Zone, and Advanced are only good for cheep chinnese junk.. I have worked at all three plus Car Quest, o-Rily's, and NAPA... NAPA, Car Quest, and O-Riliey's have great quality parts, excellent customer service and are geared more at the customer instead of the sale.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
NAPA is more expensive but they have typically always done me right on their parts. I have had multiple cheap parts from Advance fail. Case in point the throttle position sensor on my wife's car. Went through 3 of them...they replaced them all. I finally bought one from NAPA and have a spare from Advance. Their parts just seem to be made out of cheaper stuff in my opinion.

Now, I will still buy some things from them if they are cheaper, like gear oil for my rear diff or Sea Foam when they have a sale. But only because that stuff is name brand and not Advance Auto brand.

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
bought some of those wear ever brake pads and they lasted me three months and they wouldnt warranty them but i will go to them for my iridium plugs cause they always seem to have a set in stock

·
Registered
73 Posts
Throw my 2 cents in... bought a brand new (not refurb) ball joint for my explorer... changed it.. took it to stickered...and the tech said it was bad. I said NO WAY... and said prove it.. he took me back... on the rack.. grabbed the wheel and shook it. I was amazed!!!

He said he saw the new part and was curious himself when he shook it. He said install was perfect...but the part was bad. Only had maybe 100 miles on it...no off roading, only highway. I told him Advanced...he said.. prolly a defective batch.
I had him replace it (to pass inspection)..cost me $100... ugh.. But i kept the part and returned it for full refund.

The counter clerk was like.. huh.. that's weird but happens. As if he realized it was a common thing. !!

·
Crap, I WAS in 5th gear.
500 Posts
If I can wait for a part, I normally go to Rockauto first, then compare pricing with Amazon. Unless if it's brake rotors- then shipping is too expensive. I put cheap Chinese rotors on my Expedition and have so far worn out a set of severe duty pads, and a set of regular duty pads, and still under .001" runout.

For ball joints I use Moog, unless I'm planning on selling soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts