Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
I'm a rider
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Early in the year I bought it a big brother. It's been getting along in the garage, but gives it the evil eye every now and then. The VN is so agile and light compared to the Road King. LOL. I appreciate the VN even more after buying the King., The VN is so fun to ride. I needed a long distance bike and I got the king of distance. THere's not much I can say about the King because it was built for shows so every nut has been replaced on it. It would take too long to list, so the cliff notes are Hoppe fairing, twin airbags and compressor for onboard air, extended hard bags, tons of chrome to get me home, led's for the engine and under the bike as well as LED headlights and driving lights. etc...... blah blah... $8k in extras. (fairing is $3k, bags are $2k, rest is chrome).

As much as I like the King for what it is intended, I still love my VN. It's more fun, lighter, more agile, and easier to live with. The king is way better at long distance and even though its also a 5 speed it has a much taller 5th gear. cruising at 80 is like nothing, it does well. We know the VN is wound like a spring at 80. I love my VN for around town and hopping to the store.

Fuel tank Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Plant

Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Fuel tank

Automotive tire Tire Automotive lighting Automotive exhaust Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Grille Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle Plant

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Early in the year I bought it a big brother. It's been getting along in the garage, but gives it the evil eye every now and then. The VN is so agile and light compared to the Road King. LOL. I appreciate the VN even more after buying the King., The VN is so fun to ride. I needed a long distance bike and I got the king of distance. THere's not much I can say about the King because it was built for shows so every nut has been replaced on it. It would take too long to list, so the cliff notes are Hoppe fairing, twin airbags and compressor for onboard air, extended hard bags, tons of chrome to get me home, led's for the engine and under the bike as well as LED headlights and driving lights. etc...... blah blah... $8k in extras. (fairing is $3k, bags are $2k, rest is chrome).

As much as I like the King for what it is intended, I still love my VN. It's more fun, lighter, more agile, and easier to live with. The king is way better at long distance and even though its also a 5 speed it has a much taller 5th gear. cruising at 80 is like nothing, it does well. We know the VN is wound like a spring at 80. I love my VN for around town and hopping to the store.

View attachment 54000
View attachment 54001
View attachment 53998
View attachment 53997
View attachment 53999
View attachment 53996
The Vulcan looks like a bicycle next to the Road King. ;)

Beautiful bikes. Love the red color of the Vulcan and the color scheme of the HD. Also love the white walled tires on the HD.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts