Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode the bike for the first time. Can't really tell what issues might be except for my front brakes keep locking down. I am not really sure what is wrong with the brakes unless I need new lines and possibly the master cylinder needs rebuilding. Aggravating as every thing works on it until I pull the bike out of the building and ride. Well I have had it this long without riding it, might as well wait a little longer and get it right.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,080 Posts
Might have rings of crud around the pistons in the calipers

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if I pull the cylinders out of the caliper, what am I going to see? Will I destroy anything and have to replace it?

·
Competent Noob
140 Posts
Did you verify fluid was squirting back up into the master cylinder through the tiny hole when you released the brake level?

·
Competent Noob
140 Posts
If you pump the brake lever until the piston comes out, what you will find is a bunch of fluid behind it. You can empty it and clean everything. There should be 2 rubber rings in each cylinder.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,080 Posts
I usually pump the piston(Yup I said it.lol) till it's past the crud line,clean off da crud,and usually I'm done there

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You know I did do that. I pumped the piston until it showed good clean cylinder but didn't clean the crude off. I guess I will do that.

Also I didn't see anything coming back out the master cylinder. I am thinking that since one side works that the master cylinder is working for at least one side, maybe I need to clean that hole a little more. Don't know but worth a try.

·
Competent Noob
140 Posts
I've been suggesting for at least a week to clean out the little hole and ensure fluid comes back out of it. When I was having brake problems I could get the left side piston to push in with a clamp pretty easily but I could not budge the right side no matter how hard I tried.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Could you get the left side to release also after pressing the lever and releasing it? Also I took your advice and cleaned that hole but apparently I didn't clean it enough. Do I need to take the fluid out and clean it or just stick something down there to clean it?

·
Competent Noob
140 Posts
The left side was not clamping tight to the caliper like the llrightbside was. I also believed I had cleaned the hole well, but I had to do it a second time. I had all clean fluid the second time. I stuck a needle in the hole as deep as I could several times and haven't had any problems since. I could be wrong. This may not be your problem. But your symptoms are exactly like mine. Sorry if my previous post seemed rude. I had a stressful morning at work, so my apologies.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
your good. I read all the post but sometimes don't say that I do things. I am going out again now to try and get them fixed.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I thought I did some good the last time I cleaned that hole out in the master cylinder but this time I know I did. Brakes are working great now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts