833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Nice looking bags,,,,, but they don't have water proof lids. May want to put you some small holes in the bottom for water drainage.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Those are the exact same bags that I own. They fit perfectly and have never been an issue. Do be careful with the inside cover - the snaps need you to snap and unsnap them with care.

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I should get them in a few days and will let y'all know what I think. DACataldo, you didn't have to move or adjust anything? Are your lights in the stock location?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Thanks guys. I should get them in a few days and will let y'all know what I think. DACataldo, you didn't have to move or adjust anything? Are your lights in the stock location?
Didn't move a thing. Turn signals never touched. Let me know how it works out or you have more questions. Enjoy!

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
I too have the same size bags ( mine are the black and grey ones ) and have had no issues running them without supports or without moving the turn signals. Never had a problem with water either.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I too have the same size bags ( mine are the black and grey ones ) and have had no issues running them without supports or without moving the turn signals. Never had a problem with water either.
I think one of your pictures was the model for me buying them, too.

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry, I got them the 5th, but wanted to maybe put them through some use before doing a write up. Plus, I have been riding like crazy.

But so far they are good. they are smaller than I had pictured in my head, but I can fit a frogs rain top, and waterproof pants. Plus I keep a few things in the other side.

They fit on great, And seem to be sturdy. Everyone that sees them (including some Harley guys) says they look perfect for the bike. Saddle bags 1.jpg

Saddle bags 2.jpg

·
Registered
121 Posts
I love the duct tape look on the trunk.

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Temporary fix! lol

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
That isn't duct tape, that's Alabama chrome!!

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I was going to get the same bags with the grey and black colors.
I decided on a bigger bag since I already had the relocation done for the turn signals.

They look good!

I am just curious....did you try flipping them the other way?
It seems to me that the slant would look better if you flipped the right and left sides so that the slant of the bag would be downwards and towards the rear axle.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
I was going to get the same bags with the grey and black colors.
I decided on a bigger bag since I already had the relocation done for the turn signals.

They look good!

I am just curious....did you try flipping them the other way?
It seems to me that the slant would look better if you flipped the right and left sides so that the slant of the bag would be downwards and towards the rear axle.
X2 plus with the slant going that way there is more room for the passengers foot. jmo

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Actually, it slants the same way either way. But, I did pull the up a little bit so the slant isn't as extreme.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Actually, it slants the same way either way. But, I did pull the up a little bit so the slant isn't as extreme.
If you reverse the bags the angle of the slant will be away from the passengers heel on each side of the bike. These are your bags so any way you mount them is the right way.

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Actually, you are right, I was being dumb for a moment. they are now turned arounnd and it gives a lot more room. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts