1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Most tools needed are basic metric hand tools. :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Ditto what lance said. There are only a few "special tools" that are needed, and mostly they're for once you get into the engine.

·
Hoser
118 Posts
I use a briefcase size Craftsman set (168?) pcs. I also use a Harbor Frt. lift. I put the bike up, open the tool case on the floor, and grab few other tools as required from the rollaways. 90% of the tools needed are 1/4 inch 8mm, 10mm, 12mm deep sockets, phillips and flat screwdrivers, 2 inch extension, and needlenose pliers. 18 mm deep 6 point for the sparkplugs. A bench vise is handy.

If you can weld, you can probably make a decent substitute for the special tools.

I also use a lot of beer, or a ton of beer depending on the job. lol

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
Check to see if there is a Harbor Freight near your home. They've got incredible prices on tools, just as good quality as Sears. You can buy over the internet, too.

·
The Reanimater
847 Posts

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
Whatever you decide to carry, please consider the Stop & GO Pocket Tire Plugger with CO2 Inflator. It saved my butt once when I first bought my baby. Of course, I still bought a new tire, but I wasn't stranded, and it only took a few minutes to make the repair.

I carry this along with the stock tools and a 90 degree angled tire valve extension from RICK'S AUTOMOTIVE HARDWARE, to help inflate the rear tire. I won't need this item when I buy a new rear tire because I'll install a low profile valve instead.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts