Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm changing the fork oil, seals ect. I've got the first fork dissasemblem to the point of removing the allen screw in the bottom of the fork. I've read about folk making a rod that fits down the shaft to hold ?rod while you loosen the screw.... I can't seem to get it right. I've screw'd with if for two days now. Can anyone give me a hint to get this done? Much apreciated, Kanuck69.:doh:

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I don't know about a tool to hold it with internally but have you tried an impact with an allen socket sometimes the jarring affect will break it loose and spin it right out, Denny

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Use an air impact if you have one handy. Normaly the first thing you do is loosen that bolt before you do anything else. :beerchug: Have you started to dissasemble?

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh Yeah! I've started to dissasemble. I read the manuals & still didn't do it right. Big suprise. The allen screw will turn, it just doesn't seem to be coming out. Besides, the clymers doesn't say to take it out at this point, just loosen it. Of course it also says I should be able to separate the two peices by pulling them apart in a popping motion. Is that screw stopping me from sepatating them? The first time is always the fun time right?

Lance, I might give you a buzz later. (after work)

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts

I have this Kanuck, but I don,t know the bolt size to use. Use a long extention with a socket and the bolt and nuts at the end. Hope this helps you. niterider.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
easier when ya have it apart and in your hand ,ain't it ,Denny

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
Yes that screw holds it together.

When I did mine, I used a small broomstick type handle pressed down into the tube.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts