Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:BLAM: Today,I put my carbs back together,but I cant figure out how to connect the spring on the throttle part that is connected to the levers for the butterfly valves.Its the linkage that the throttle cables attach to.Does anyone know where I can get a picture of how this spring connects?
Please help! Steven:notworthy

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
You may also consider one of the manuals available like the Clymers or the Kawasaki shop manual. I know you want it back together now but this will prevent future grief when you get something apart and can't remember how to put it back together. Don't ask me how I know about this. :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well, thats a tough one, it's hard to explain but you will need to preload the spring before you install it. I gave mine 2 turns preload, but stock is 1 turn.
Just hook one side to a stationary location and take a turn and try to put the thing back together without 4 hands.

This is the return spring tension for the trottle cables.

I know it's not much but thats all I have, maybe someone else can chime in.

Actually I don't think the manual will help much if you have never done this before.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A picture would be great

Thanks for the help.I know its not that hard,I just want to make sure I put it on right.I wish I had a pic of a vn750 carb.I could look at it,then figure it out.The manual shows nothing.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cegodsey,Thanks a bunch.It was a real biach to hold that spring in place.I loaded it one turn.I tightened the nut,but if you tighten it too much,it wont move,so I backed it off enough to move.What keeps the nut from comming off? Again,thanks for your help.It was very much appreciated.For a wild looking guy,your ok!!!!!!!!! Steve

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
Not sure what holds the nut in place, other than maybe spring tension. You might want to back it out a tad and add some locktite.

Wanna talk about a biach...balancing your left pinky on the back brake cable while holding a flashlight pointed at the carbs, with a camera resting on the flashlight and your right hand holding the camera still while you push that hard to push picture taking button while your camera is flashing "keep steady" and your freshly run engine is steaming your face while your...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts