Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a simple oil change including the filter on an 04 vn750, not my first either. Although i brain farted the order of the drain plug assy. reversed the spring and the washer. Drained again and corrected.

My problem is that once I started the motor I noticed the oil didn't leave the sight glass. I could see the same size bubble I had started with. the oil light stayed on. I hope that my issue is just that I didnt prime the filter enough. so she sits overnight. If that doesnt work i am going to get a new filter, prime it correctly, and refill oil.

So... my question to ya'll is If these things don't fix the problem of oil not dropping level in sight glass (IE oil pump not pumping) what other if anything could i do on the cheap? Or am I stuck with splitting the case for diagnosis?

You guys have been a great help in the past!!!!!

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
unscrew the filter while running slightly enough to let some air in and burp it and retighten and see if the light goes out!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
unscrew the filter while running slightly enough to let some air in and burp it and retighten and see if the light goes out!
thanks wib I'll give that a try. Anything is better than a complete tear down right now. It's not that I cant do the work. I just dont have the funds or the time or money to rebuild.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
If it was running fine before you did the oil change, chances are it really is just an air bubble. Follow wib's suggestions and let us know that all's well. :)

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
X2 According to Ma Kaw if the light doesn't go out at 1400 rpms after changing the oil, you might have a problem. You may not have gotten the engine to that speed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bike burped and all is well :)

thanks all:beerchug:

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
so much easier than splitting the case! LOL glad you are good to go!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know right. Who would have guessed my baby needed a good ol fashioned burping. Thanks wib

1 - 9 of 9 Posts