Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the link:

Youtube Video

I made this in part because this bike means so much to me. It's my first bike that I got two years ago. It was an absolute blast following many of the mod guides on this forum (blue wire, two wire mod, volt meter, pickup coil mod, just to name a FEW!). I love this relatively new-found passion of motorcycling; I wish I found it sooner. You guys all rock! Ride safe and keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
What do you mean by not squeaking the oil screen cap? What does this mean?
Tightening, torquing until it squeaks. Makes them very hard to remove the next time, a lot of them get stripped out or broken. One of my pet peeves is people torquing brake bleeder screws.

Didn't look like you squeaked it anyway. :)

Can you teach my tools to do that, work by itself? Lol

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Very entertaining. I've done stop motion with Bionicle figures, that's a lot of time and planning. Three hour oil change? 😂 Did you do your post production on a phone app or desktop?

·
Super Moderator
540 Posts
Oh. My. God.

I had no idea there was stuff behind the oil drain plug?!?!?!

I usually just drain the oil and change the filter. Thanks for posting this, now I know. That tube, it's a filter, too? Is it washable? I actually worked in a bike shop for awhile, and I don't remember this. Sheeeeesh, I'm an idiot.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tightening, torquing until it squeaks. Makes them very hard to remove the next time, a lot of them get stripped out or broken. One of my pet peeves is people torquing brake bleeder screws.

Didn't look like you squeaked it anyway. :)

Can you teach my tools to do that, work by itself? Lol
Ouch! Tightening until you a hear a squeak! That hurt me to read. Hahahaha!

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh. My. God.

I had no idea there was stuff behind the oil drain plug?!?!?!

I usually just drain the oil and change the filter. Thanks for posting this, now I know. That tube, it's a filter, too? Is it washable? I actually worked in a bike shop for awhile, and I don't remember this. Sheeeeesh, I'm an idiot.
LMFAO. Yes, there is (or at least should be!) those three things, a screen, a steel gasket, and the spring. I suppose the filter is washable. Although this oil change there was absolutely NOTHING in there. :)

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very entertaining. I've done stop motion with Bionicle figures, that's a lot of time and planning. Three hour oil change? 😂 Did you do your post production on a phone app or desktop?
I took the pictures directly via an app for my iPhone, called "Stop Motion". Then the app puts the pics together in a video file and I saved it to my phone. Then I added a general soundtrack to the video in iMovie. Voila!

It amazes me how incredible technology is. And I'm rockin an iPhone 8!

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very cool. I’ll add that the final part should be starting the bike to make sure the oil light goes out.

And add that you don’t need to drain the oil on the center stand. Putting on the side stand actually gets more oil to drain out. 😉
Both AWESOME points. My light came on and stayed on for a moment and I was wicked nervous. Then is went away. :)

And noted about the center stand! I never thought of doing that. :)

·
Super Moderator
540 Posts
LMFAO. Yes, there is (or at least should be!) those three things, a screen, a steel gasket, and the spring. I suppose the filter is washable. Although this oil change there was absolutely NOTHING in there. :)
Admittedly, when I worked in the bike shop I mostly changed tires (the old-school way, with 3 big-a$$ flat metal bars) and brakes. Simpler stuff, really. I helped rebuild quite a few carbs. I cannot remember if we ever actually did any oil changes. Maybe because most bikers handle that themselves?

I changed the oil about a month ago, and the old stuff looked pretty decent. The bike only has just under 9k miles on it now. But, I'll probably go ahead and do it again in a few weeks when my budget allows for it.

·
Super Moderator
540 Posts
I took the pictures directly via an app for my iPhone, called "Stop Motion". Then the app puts the pics together in a video file and I saved it to my phone. Then I added a general soundtrack to the video in iMovie. Voila!

It amazes me how incredible technology is. And I'm rockin an iPhone 8!
You see, me, I'm far too lazy to keep taking pictures manually. I would have just put on a GoPro camera, recorded the process, and then edited the video to give it that "stop-motion" effect. How many pictures did you have to take? Btw, I'm an Android guy, so maybe I'm missing something about the iPhone Stop Motion thing?

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You see, me, I'm far too lazy to keep taking pictures manually. I would have just put on a GoPro camera, recorded the process, and then edited the video to give it that "stop-motion" effect. How many pictures did you have to take? Btw, I'm an Android guy, so maybe I'm missing something about the iPhone Stop Motion thing?
That sounds like another great way to make a stop-motion. I took almost 2,600 photos using a tripod and bluetooth remote control. The iPhone Stop Motion thing is simply an app called Stop Motion that I downloaded for free from the app store. It's what stiched the photos together for me in a video file.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Nice job with that video - and the oil change too. Having caps that loosen themselves and box wrenches that act like ratchets adds a distinctly magical feel to the process for sure!

Reactions: Vulcan_Frank_750

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts
I tried Timelapse with a telescope and a CMOS camera around 2010ish. The cameras just weren’t there yet (at least not in my price range) to get quality.
The setup was cool, had a sky tracking scope mount that you could track an object to do overlays or keep it still for timelapse. The moon looked good, but the planets are fuzzy.
Moon Sky Astronomical object Electric blue Event
Sky Moon Astronomical object Science Cloud
Blue Purple Violet Electric blue Font

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 25 Posts