Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,059 Posts
Hahaha! I can actually do a spot on perfect impression of Captain Jack Sparrow. I use it all the time. On telemarketers, usually.

Any suggestions on what I should use to mount two of these skulls on the tank, which incidentally is powdercoated? I know the powdercoating is pretty darned tough, so I don't know if I should use black silicone, JB-Weld (steel version) or clear, two-part epoxy?

Any suggestions?

(I thought about using the screw holes on the back to attach some large magnets, but that wouldn't prevent someone from stealing them....)
Magnets from a hard drive. If it's aluminum or pot metal, they won't stick.

Gorilla glue! I swear by Gorilla tape, never tried the glue.

·
Registered
10,059 Posts
I've plenty of hard drives, spent the better part of twenty years in computer repair. Yeah,my brother mentioned Gorilla tape. Might try that first instead of something that can't be removed, like JB-Weld or epoxy.

Hey, regarding marbling.... Could I not just take a piece of sheet metal aluminum and make a plate to go behind those appendages? Breather things? And silicone it before screwing it back in?
Should work, there's not a lot of pressure in that port behind the reed valves.

·
Registered
10,059 Posts
Awesome, thanks. I just hope I can them off, the bolts are a little rusty.
Work those bolts in and out to cut some of the carbon and rust loose. Loosen as far as they turn easily then spray some lube on the threads, tighten them back up, etc. People do snap those bolts off sometimes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts