Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gave always worn a half helmet. I can't stand full helmets. I can't see below my nose in them and it bugs me not to see down. Makes me feel too boxed in.

I also have a night pair of clear glasses and a day pair of sunglasses which I alternate.

I FROZE my face off riding in anything but warm weather.

Finally, the straps on the half helmet cause issues with hands free kits, earbuds, etc.....

So I had several complaints abut my dear half helmet I have used ever since I started riding. I have been in love with this one helmet ever since I saw it because it solves EVERY issue I have ever had with my half helmet. It's the Harley Davidson HD-H04 3/4 helmet.

- Built in SUNGLASSES that are spring loaded and flip up and down with the push of a button.

- Built in FULL face mask that flips up and down

- Built in recessed ear pods made specifically for hands free kits. Super comfy with my plantronics hands free kit.

- Built in venting ducts that can be opened or closed. (similar to many helmets, but bigger venting)

As for styling, It's up to personal choice, but I LOVE IT.

$170 retail price, cheaper from inter web of course.

I rode with it today and it was so comfortable. The sun came out for an hour and I flipped the sunglasses down, when it went in I hit the button and they shot back up. It got breezy later on and I flipped the full face mask down which comes all the way to the chin. Full 180 degree view.

Totally in love with this helmet!

Attachments

·
Tinkerer
572 Posts
Nice lid :) looks smart, I like it :smiley_th

I have a Nolan Evo Flip-front helmet for long rides, has my blue-tooth adaptor etc wired in, but for everyday riding I've got my Daytona open faced lid... both in Matt Black :wink2:

·
Super Moderator
2,569 Posts
very similar to my HJC.. only your cheek pad come a little more foreward..

Due to my glasses (and inability to afford goggles or riding glasses (the ones that seal to the face)), I will not ride without a face shield. too much wind/dust gets into my eyes. My HJC works great , and can even raise the visor a click or 2 for them hot days down here in FL

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
very similar to my HJC.. only your cheek pad come a little more foreward..

Due to my glasses (and inability to afford goggles or riding glasses (the ones that seal to the face)), I will not ride without a face shield. too much wind/dust gets into my eyes. My HJC works great , and can even raise the visor a click or 2 for them hot days down here in FL
Is the HJC comparison to the Harley helmet in the OP or the Nolan flip front?

I bought a pair of riding/sports eyeglasses back in 2008 when I first bought my scoot. They had a rubber gasket or seal that snapped in and sealed against my face. I could not stand them as they fogged up in about 10 seconds. I wore them until a few months ago without the seal, and always rode with a pull down face shield on my HJC half shell helmet.

I will be looking for a new helmet this year I think. I have been thinking it will be a modular/flip front, HI VIZ-solid white with a shiny finish.

I do like the look of the HD 3/4 shell in the OP though.
If the sunglasses are Polarized it would be a point in their favor for my selection.

Reactions: One1

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With my weather lately I've not noticed if they are or not. Just gloomy overcast. probably find out at harleys site.

·
Thats 'Mr' Jr Member
249 Posts
- Built in SUNGLASSES that are spring loaded and flip up and down with the push of a button.

- Built in FULL face mask that flips up and down

- Built in recessed ear pods made specifically for hands free kits. Super comfy with my plantronics hands free kit.

- Built in venting ducts that can be opened or closed. (similar to many helmets, but bigger venting)

As for styling, It's up to personal choice, but I LOVE IT.

$170 retail price, cheaper from inter web of course.

I rode with it today and it was so comfortable. The sun came out for an hour and I flipped the sunglasses down, when it went in I hit the button and they shot back up. It got breezy later on and I flipped the full face mask down which comes all the way to the chin. Full 180 degree view.

Totally in love with this helmet!
That looks like the same HJC JET helmet that I bought. I really like it!
Mike

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have seen a similar HJC and they are both great. :)

·
Thats 'Mr' Jr Member
249 Posts
Is the HJC comparison to the Harley helmet in the OP or the Nolan flip front?
I stopped at a Harley dealer in Miami and told the sales girl I was looking for the HJC JET helmet and she said they didn't carry HJC, but asked about the features of the helmet, which I described to her. She said they had one that sounded like what I was describing and when she brought it out I told her it was exactly the helmet I was looking for, in exactly the color I wanted and she replied, "But this is a Harley Davidson helmet."
I showed her a small white tag inside the helmet that said HJC and told her,
"Harley Davidson does not make helmets. They buy them from a manufacturer and have their brand name put on them. I'll take it. :D"

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
I stopped at a Harley dealer in Miami and told the sales girl I was looking for the HJC JET helmet and she said they didn't carry HJC, but asked about the features of the helmet, which I described to her. She said they had one that sounded like what I was describing and when she brought it out I told her it was exactly the helmet I was looking for, in exactly the color I wanted and she replied, "But this is a Harley Davidson helmet."
I showed her a small white tag inside the helmet that said HJC and told her,
"Harley Davidson does not make helmets. They buy them from a manufacturer and have their brand name put on them. I'll take it. :D"

probably cost about $150 bucks more than normal.the abbreviations HD stand for Hundreds of Dollars, NOT Harley Davidson

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

·
Thats 'Mr' Jr Member
249 Posts
HD Prices

probably cost about $150 bucks more than normal.the abbreviations HD stand for Hundreds of Dollars, NOT Harley Davidson
I would tend to agree with that but in this case I'd looked at helmets online and decided that this was what I wanted. To my surprise, HD's price was only about $20 above the estimated retail that the reviews had quoted.
Mike:p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts