Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my post on the clutch that I was talking about in my earlier post. I hope that helps.:smiley_th

Sgt Mike08-03-2005, 12:34 PM
After pressing the service "mangler" at my local stealership to call Kawasaki for authorization to repair my clutch, they told him to do what he said, what Kawasaki wouldn't authorize him to do. Kawasaki told him to drill holes in the bottom of the splines of the clutch inner hub, per the info that I printed from the "FILES" of the VN750 Yahoo group forum.

While they had the clutch apart, I furnished for them to install, Barnett clutch springs($13.00) and Alto Red Line racing frictions($60.00 with shipping) that I got from Ronny Van Zant, owner of Sure Shift Technologies Newburg, Oregon.

The new clutch is much smoother, engages sooner than the stock clutch and is quieter than a church mouse. The $73.00 that I spent is worth it to me not to hear/feel that grabbing walrus.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Thanks for the update, I'd be interested in trying them when I do my plates next.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well.......lol... I got part of the puzzle. The plates were "red" and the "V" at the start of the name was for Van Zant....

Amazing what one forgets, of remembers, in 7 years....;)

Let us know if he's still selling those clutch plates...

KM
They're available here. See the post from gaillary below.

gaillarry

The red plates you're looking for are probably Alto Reds. I use them in my Harley and have a set to install in my wife's VN750. http://www.altousa.com/am/motorcycle

·
Registered
24 Posts
I installed the Alto Reds with new springs this past weekend, also did the clutch hole mod. I scuffed the plates on a concrete floor and soaked them in oil overnight. Bike shifts really smooth and no chattering noise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts