Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking at moving up to a Goldwing, I know sad :(

I love this bike and really don't want to let it go, but due to my future plans I'm working on, I'm gonna need something that can handle distance a bit more comfortable. My plan is if everything goes right, I will be quiting my job, buying and RV, moving back to Alabama to park my RV on a friends property. I will then proceed to start touring and performing fulltime, I've done 3 tours in the past, and have been trying to get to the point where I can just tour full-time for awhile. It's not a get rich idea, it's more about getting back to more simpler way of life for me. I am paying rent on a place just so I can keep all this stuff, and well I don't need all this stuff, so nomadic life it is.

Anyway, because I will be on the road months at a time, my idea is to do most of my touring on my bike, however the VN just isn't practical for this, so it's time for an upgrade.

Anyway if any of you are interested or know someone who might be, I'm linking to my ad on Craigslist. I don't expect an even trade but I'd like to get as close to it being so as I can.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/mcy/4311296141.html

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
I think you are making the right decision for your futer plans. Getting a larger bike will help out a lot. What size of GL are you looking for? BTW stick around Stone, keep us posted on your en-devours, you're one of the family, and just because you move on to bigger and better things doesn't mean you leave yur family behind right?

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts
Yes stick around..gw's are nice.I have a '79 and love it.good luck in your endeavors

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Getting a larger bike will help out a lot. What size of GL are you looking for? BTW stick around Stone, keep us posted on your en-devours, you're one of the family, and just because you move on to bigger and better things doesn't mean you leave yur family behind right?
Hey Slim, yeah I really need something that I can feel ok with a tote tagging along so I can actually carry my merch to sale, it's how I make money at the shows afterall. I'm not sure, I'm guessing something 1000cc or higher. Keep your eyes out? Oh and yet for sure will still around. Who knows where I'll be or when I'll be passing through. It's really scary in a way to walk away from my job which pays well, but I know I have to do this because I'm not cut out to be part of the machine. :beerchug:

Yes stick around..gw's are nice.I have a '79 and love it.good luck in your endeavors

Oh yeah for sure Doc, you guys will totally know, who knows maybe whent the time comes, I can meet up with some in thie forum as I'm passing through, or ya'll can tag along part of the way between cities.

Anyway this will all not be put into motion until sometime in August after I get back from Nationals in Oakland, CA, so I got some time. Just trying to start getting things in order. My buddy right now is snowed in or shall I say iced in down in Bama, so they can't find out about their property lines just yet. The cool thing is there was a mobile home hookup already on the property, so they just need to make sure where I can park and still be on their land. they have 3 acres I think so shouldn't be a problem.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,750 Posts
so does this mean that you're out for the VN750 MI. Gathering in Aug. ?

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,365 Posts
Hey, new guy from India was looking for a bike just yesterday. Check recent posts.

Oops, he doesn't LIVE in India....er....

His name is vishnuns39620

·
Registered
509 Posts
So What do you do?

Maybe I have missed something, but what is it that you do that you travel around? Should I be looking for you at art fairs or music or what?

Ride Safe.

Mcneuby

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Poetry...its right there in her user name lol.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so does this mean that you're out for the VN750 MI. Gathering in Aug. ?
If all goes according to plan, I'd be moving sometime after I get back from Nationals in August. Nothing in stone yet (pun intended)

Hope not.
I plan on doing all I can to still be there for the gathering.

Hey, new guy from India was looking for a bike just yesterday. Check recent posts.

Oops, he doesn't LIVE in India....er....

His name is vishnuns39620
If the money is right, he can be located anywhere lol

Maybe I have missed something, but what is it that you do that you travel around? Should I be looking for you at art fairs or music or what?

Ride Safe.

Mcneuby
I'm a performance poet

Poetry...its right there in her user name lol.
Good looking out Mike ;)

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
my dad has an 85 wing that need head gaskets and a few other things i started it last week only bad part is we are in texas

oh just a thought but did you ever think about pulling a small trailer with the vn750 someone on here has done it before and if your just carrying cloths and merchandise for your shows it shouldnt be that heavy

·
87 VN750 Lookin Good
126 Posts
Hey Poet try this...

I got myself a Kawasaki Concours 1000 and it is great for touring and the bags come off to make it more of a sport bike. I would recommend it highly for what you need. I am going cross country on it to wisconsin in June. I'm already packed LOL good luck

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts
my dad has an 85 wing that need head gaskets and a few other things i started it last week only bad part is we are in texas

oh just a thought but did you ever think about pulling a small trailer with the vn750 someone on here has done it before and if your just carrying cloths and merchandise for your shows it shouldnt be that heavy
Pretty sure you can do head gaskets without removing the motor.just make sure the timing marks line up when you put the crakshaft belts back on as they are interference motors

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
There is a older GL in the b-ham craiglist for a $1000. Looks good in the pictures posted.

What part of Bama are you coming back to? We have a local forum here that is for Bamiuns I think you would like. We get group rides up all the time, all across Bama and it don't matter what you ride or how good you ride..

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
Pretty sure you can do head gaskets without removing the motor.just make sure the timing marks line up when you put the crakshaft belts back on as they are interference motors

never said i was pulling the motor but it looks like i gotta pull everything else off just to get to the motor lol

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What part of Bama are you coming back to? We have a local forum here that is for Bamiuns I think you would like. We get group rides up all the time, all across Bama and it don't matter what you ride or how good you ride..
I will be around B'ham area. I'm right now trying to figure if I'm doing to make this jump this year, or wait until next year, due to wanting to make sure I've laid down the groundwork for success on this.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts