Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went near 185 miles, lovin the bike, but that stock seat has gotta go. It is hard to find a comfortable position for my feet, even with the highway pegs, I was thinking I might like floorboards better, any one care to chime in?

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
I don't know what to tell you, I never had any problem with either of your complains. I have ridden up to over 200 hundred miles on this bike. May be the difference in heigth. I am a little over 5' tall.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm 5'9" I'm a fat guy.... but I have a narrow butt, lol. Everyone seems to like saddlemen's seats, maybe I will try one of those.... as for the pegs I wear size 13 wide boots, that might be part of the problem.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It isn't so much that they are too far one way or the other, it just feels like at 70 mph that the wind kind of forces my knees apart unless I actively hold my knees tighter to the tank which isn't comfortable, and when that happens I can't find a comfortable place on the pegs, it kinda feels like my feet are gonna slide off.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Boards always help with that, gives you more foot surface.
You can order them from my web page, link below.
Others will chim in about the boards.

·
Super Moderator
11,967 Posts
Boards help...being able to switch to the highway pegs is a plus too.

Stock seats suck...100 miles on one is too far. There are a few threads on seats you should read in the Equipemt section....

I liked the Corbin seat, others hated it. You might want to find a member with your general build and see what they used.

KM

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
It isn't so much that they are too far one way or the other, it just feels like at 70 mph that the wind kind of forces my knees apart unless I actively hold my knees tighter to the tank which isn't comfortable, and when that happens I can't find a comfortable place on the pegs, it kinda feels like my feet are gonna slide off.
As for forcing the knees apart, that has been even worse on my Sportster than the vn750, maybe some exersize will help that, I know it did mine...
I found that its really the upper inner leg muscles that suffer, so when I am laying back in the recliner being a couch potato and think of it, I place my hands on my knees palms out and push my knees out while holding them in with my leg muscles, so I guess I do isometric exersizes by spreading my legs and holding them out while pulling them in, you will feel when you are working the right muscles...
I know that is not a good explanation, but I'm not good at splainin things, didn't go to the 8th grade...lol... You'll figure it out though when you try it... Really helped me a lot...
PS-Seems to me like the wind pushing your legs apart is working a muscle that don't get worked that much, but I believe it to be strong one once built up...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Boards always help with that, gives you more foot surface.
You can order them from my web page, link below.
Others will chim in about the boards.
Ok, you've been paid! Send those floorboards asap, thanks!

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have a set of Chad's floorboards. I like 'em a lot and I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I'm looking into highway pegs. I just completed a long distance trip (over 2,000 miles) a couple weeks ago. My 5' 10", 180lb frame felt a little cramped. It would've been nice to stretch out a bit more.

As for the stock seat, I can't afford a corbin or mustang, etc. right now, so I got the Air Hawk pad. Works really well if you don't mind the look.

John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts