Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
I'd like to know, they look interesting.

Jon

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
My bro-n-law has them on his 900. I love those things. He never puts them in they're so cumfy out! Definitly let us know how they fit up on the 750. I'm going to go out on a limb here and asume you'll LOVE them!

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
My bro-n-law has them on his 900. I love those things. He never puts them in they're so cumfy out! Definitly let us know how they fit up on the 750. I'm going to go out on a limb here and asume you'll LOVE them!
Hey Kanuck, LP went to the darkside and rides a Meanie now.:(
No review forthcoming for a Vulcan.:hitanykey

Didn`t somebody post about putting these on his vn750 during the last year?
I don`t remember the specifics, but there was some problem he had with them.:(

·
Registered
796 Posts
I'm getting a set of those in the spring for my 93' where my 01' has the highway bars and pegs. What did you shell out for yours LP. The best price I have found is around $140. Keep us posted how they feel.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
No review forthcoming for a Vulcan.:hitanykey

Didn`t somebody post about putting these on his vn750 during the last year?
I don`t remember the specifics, but there was some problem he had with them.:(
Duh! Well there's my blond moment. lol :doh:

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
No review forthcoming for a Vulcan.:hitanykey.:(
Maybe I should have posted in the belly as I don't ride a 750 anymore. Sorry for the confusion, Kanuck.

Hey! The Mean Streak IS a Vulcan!! LOL!!!! :blah:

I'm getting a set of those in the spring for my 93' where my 01' has the highway bars and pegs. What did you shell out for yours LP. The best price I have found is around $140. Keep us posted how they feel.
Yeah, they're a buck 40 but you need to buy the metric and specifically Mean Streak (or whatever you ride) mounting hardware which is about 20 beans. All tolled I paid a buck 57. Retarded expensive I know but it's my Christmas present to myself. At least that's what I'm telling myself. :)

I'll post a review once they're on and I take a ride. I just got a digital camera too. Perfect way to test that bad boy! :D

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
The Meanie is a Vulcan? My bad. :doh:I didn`t know that.
What about the Nomad, is it considered a Vulcan model too?:confused:

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup, it's called a Kawasaki Vulcan Mean Streak so it's part of the Vulcan line. Yes again, both the Nomad and Vaquero are considered Vulcans as well.

I haven't even gotten the e-mail that says these puppies have shipped yet. I'm hurtin' over here!!! Fortunately I won't have to wait until the weekend to put them on. The days are long enough now that it's still light out for a couple hours after I get home. Hopefully I can post a review sometime this week.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Yup, it's called a Kawasaki Vulcan Mean Streak so it's part of the Vulcan line. Yes again, both the Nomad and Vaquero are considered Vulcans as well.

I haven't even gotten the e-mail that says these puppies have shipped yet. I'm hurtin' over here!!! Fortunately I won't have to wait until the weekend to put them on. The days are long enough now that it's still light out for a couple hours after I get home. Hopefully I can post a review sometime this week.
And get some painting done??

Jon

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Ok, I finally got the e-mail that said they shipped and it told me they won't be here until freekin' Monday. Four biz days to get them shipped then another 4 till they get here!? That's just evil! They're in Florida not Cambodia! Grrrr...

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Ok, I finally got the e-mail that said they shipped and it told me they won't be here until freekin' Monday. Four biz days to get them shipped then another 4 till they get here!? That's just evil! They're in Florida not Cambodia!
I could've picked them up and shipped them myself faster than that.

Jon

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,751 Posts
Ok, I finally got the e-mail that said they shipped and it told me they won't be here until freekin' Monday. Four biz days to get them shipped then another 4 till they get here!? That's just evil! They're in Florida not Cambodia! Grrrr...
you should've ordered them from Shadetree powersports. at Shadetree, they are $20 less, free shipping and you'd have them by now! did you order the "splined adapters" too?

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
^ Ballz. Oh well, whutaya gonna do? Yes, I got the splined adapters. Everything will be here today and I'll take pics. I'll post a review after install, that should be this weekend. I'll try not to dry hump them but I'm not making any guarantees. :p

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, my first impression is that these are extremely well made! They are much bigger than I thought they'd be from the picture. The construction is extremely strong and they look fantastic. I forgot the connector from my camera to the computer, so I'll post pics tonight. I'll include a size reference so you get an idea of how big they are. They should be on the bike this weekend (don't get me started on the snow - MORE of it) and I'll take a couple pics of them on the bike as well.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Cool! Good to know. Yeah a size ref will be great so I'll have a better idea of what size they are.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Welp, the stars aligned and I somehow managed to get not 1 but 2 good pictures with my cell phone. I'll post pics with them on the bike once they're installed but for now, here they are with a size reference. This is right side (foot brake side) closed then opened respectively. Let me know if you want any other pics besides them on the bike (remember it's a meanie too :smiley_th).

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Here are the pegs on the Meanie. I really dig 'um. This is both sides of the bike with them open. I gotta tell ya, sitting with your feet further away from the center of the bike is really comfortable. It feels beefier too, if that makes any sense.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Those look pretty cool! I want a Meanie too :( (unrelated to the pegs lol)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts