Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The son of an old friend who built race cars for dirt track racing has returned to the area and started his own business, Eddie's Welding & Fabricating. I'm glad that I tracked him down, he is the most meticulous perfectionist that I've seen. With his pipe bender and swedger machine he fabricated me a 'H' degoat kit that's so precise and the fit so close that it didn't need clamps because it didn't leak during the test run. We did put the clamps on knowing that it would somewhat loosen up with the heat.

I'M HERE TO TELL YOU, IT SOUNDS GREAT, MAN IT SOUNDS GREAT.
It has a nice deep big bike rumble, but hiding in there is a little cracking/barking sound reminding me of my 750 Norton with the pea shooter mufflers. It has a very acceptable decibel level that's pleasing to the ear, not overpowering but lets you know that it's there. To keep the stock look and have a great sound, the 'H' degoat is the way to go.$80.00, parts and labor is a very inexpensive way to get a great quality sound from a stock exhaust.

Mike

·
Registered
226 Posts
sounds like he did a good job. I like the h pipe too. it just makes sense. holes in the back plate will double the volume if you ever want it louder, see the link below for pics of the holes.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hey Mike,
Sounds like you had a great job done. Would your buddy consider making a few of the H kits to sell commercially? He has the dimensions, and the materials. He could make a few bucks doing it. Just a thought.
Ride Safe
Wayne :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
If he is willing to do a couple more I would really like to have one of these. I could even ride out your way to pick it up. You are a couple of hours west of me.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dennisinmd said:
If he is willing to do a couple more I would really like to have one of these. I could even ride out your way to pick it up. You are a couple of hours west of me.
Dennis, did you get the email that I sent you a little while ago?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts