Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... I hope im not screwed... I purchased a bike off craigslist about 4 days ago.. Knowing absolutely nothing about bikes I went and looked it over.. It looked nice.. (paint was faded and had some scratches) not a big deal in my eyes.. It rode nice and started perfectly.

I was told by the owner and the craigslist add that it was a Kawasaki Vulcan 750. Also states this on the title.

Looking at pictures of various bikes I now find that it is a vulcan 800... I hope to god it was a typo on the title and the vin matches... I do not want a stolen bike in my possession.. especially one I paid 1400 for...

If you were in this situation what would you do?

Checkin the vin tommorow.. Its raining and its tarped outside.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
wooooooooooo i think i have good news!? the vin matches the title lol... hopefully they just thought it was a 750 and put that down when they titled it

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
If the VIN doesn't match find you a LEO and take him and your bike to the seller,and get your money back and let him do the explaining,On the other hand it could just be titled wrong in which case you probably own yourself an 800 if the #'s match and the other guy could be as dumb as you seem to think you are but if it runs and is in decent shape if it is an 800 you aren't hurt on the deal .That is a decent price around this neck of the woods.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Glad to hear they match and if you liked it well enough to buy it every thing is alright I would think.and you can still hang around with us or check out the VROC or both.:motorcycl

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Vulcan Riders Owners Club

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Vulcan Riders and Owners Club.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Not to be a party poop, but does the title numbers, VIN on bike, AND the numbers on the engine match?

·
Registered
335 Posts
I put a 800 tank on mine and looks nothing like it should, post up some pictures so we can see it. The give away would be the engine, if it is air cooled it is a 800 has a radiator it could be a 700 or 750 engine. Also is it shaft drive or chain? vn800 are chain driven.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Party pooper #2!!

I would REALLY look at both the frame and engine number to see that they were not changed.

The CHP put an acid on the numbers to bring up the old numbers that they are covering up.:BLAM:

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
Hey buddy, hope it all turns out ok. If you post a few pictures we'll really be able to help you. If not al least tell us how old it is and how many miles are on it. 1400 beans is a fantastic price for an 800 - hopefully not too good. While bike shopping, I ran into a few guys that were running obvious scams. One was rigging bikes so they would only run for about the length of a test run, then crap out. He'd try to pawn them off on newbies that just wanted to ride. Fortunately I always brought a buddy with me that knew bikes. The other guy would call it something its not, like put a 650 engine in a 900 frame, forge a title and sell it (again to a newb) as a 900. Once I found this guy, I researched him on Craig's List. He was selling another 'motorcycle' in terrible shape the next day. I acted like a potention buyer and once he gave me 'his' address I realized it was different from the original. He kept the same contact info though. Ok, not smart but he was getting away with it somehow. I should have known something was up when I met him to see a bike out back of a music shop. Philly - whutaya gonna do? Live and learn right? Keep us posted bro and throw some pics up when you can...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts