Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get into the starter button and clean it but I can't get the fool thing off the handlebar because of the throttle cables. how do I get this thing off? I'm assuming I need to loosen the cables but I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing.

Here's pictures of what I'm looking at.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
YOu need to pull the plastic neck covers off just in front of the gas tank, and possibly lossen the gas tank at minimum to get to the little brass collored hoom that keeps the throttle cables clamped to the frame. then you should have enough play to pull the throttle housing off the bars.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Use either rubbing alcohol or CRC 3-36 (like 5-56 but for electrics) to clean stuff....TV Tuner cleaner works too....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YOu need to pull the plastic neck covers off just in front of the gas tank, and possibly lossen the gas tank at minimum to get to the little brass collored hoom that keeps the throttle cables clamped to the frame. then you should have enough play to pull the throttle housing off the bars.
I'm not sure which plastic neck covers you're referring to? Sorry. :( I'm kinda dumb here, and I didn't think that getting to the start button was gonna be difficult at all. I've tried searching but haven't found anything showing how to take the throttle piece off. Is there anything you know of? Preferably with pictures?

Use either rubbing alcohol or CRC 3-36 (like 5-56 but for electrics) to clean stuff....TV Tuner cleaner works too....
Thank you I will. :)

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
I'm not sure which plastic neck covers you're referring to? Sorry. :( I'm kinda dumb here, and I didn't think that getting to the start button was gonna be difficult at all. I've tried searching but haven't found anything showing how to take the throttle piece off. Is there anything you know of? Preferably with pictures?

Thank you I will. :)
directly in front of the tank you will see a black plastic piece with a reflector on it that is the neck cover there are two phillips head screws holding each side on and they click together at the top

·
'03 VN750 "Rosie"
227 Posts
All I did was loosen the cable adjusters at the upper end of the cables to create some play, then slip the ends off the throttle. Be careful taking the button apart and note carefully which way the spring sits inside. Putting it back together is awkward.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts