Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do your bikes make a hum hum sound at freeway speeds? kind of like a rhythmic hum hum ..not just a straight hum but more patterned. It doesn't do it all the time but when the bike is at a certain rpm or speed ...it seems like i hear the hum hum instead of just hum. Bike runs good otherwise. Just checking..it may just be what a bike sounds like.:pepper:

·
2,519 Posts
Do you know why it hums, because it doesn't know the words! Sorry, couldn't resist.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That joke was so corney ..you could feed a million chickens...:)

·
Registered
738 Posts
Tires maybe?
^X2 on the tires. I've heard car tires hum on the highway and every time it meant that they were about to go bad (i.e., belt separation). I don't know if the same applies to motorcycle tires, but check them to be safe.

·
Calif Rider
725 Posts
I have heard the same on my bike also. A rymthic hum on a steady long run on a flat road. I was in the military and a lot of aircraft engines would do this, really do not think there is anything wrong with the bikes. Everyone of these bike seam to have their own little quirks.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whew! Thanks. I do check the tires regularly....

·
'03 VN750 "Rosie"
227 Posts
My previous bike would do an undulating hum, but only in 4th gear. Still runs great!

·
Retired USAF (IYAAYAS)
674 Posts
It's just happy!

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
It hums cause it knows whistling can be annoying! ;) It does sound like tires to me. It may not be a bad tire, but it may be such a tiny bit out of balance that it makes this noise at a certain speed, where it starts an oscillation. My guess, of course...

·
Registered
796 Posts
It's the Delithium Crystals warming up for warp drive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts