Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
ab initio
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there all,
New rider and Vulcan caretaker in central Missouri here. I married into the family just last week and am still trying to make a good first impression :baby:.

2004 going on 8500 miles--got me 320 miles from Arkansas with hardly a hiccup, but it was setting a while before I came along and I want to make sure I tend to any needs that have been neglected. Besides a battery charge, fresh oil and a fuel system cleaner, any advice on things to look for or fiddle with?

·
Registered
856 Posts
Hey there all,
New rider and Vulcan caretaker in central Missouri here. I married into the family just last week and am still trying to make a good first impression :baby:.

2004 going on 8500 miles--got me 320 miles from Arkansas with hardly a hiccup, but it was setting a while before I came along and I want to make sure I tend to any needs that have been neglected. Besides a battery charge, fresh oil and a fuel system cleaner, any advice on things to look for or fiddle with?
Welcome!
One of the biggest thing most people round here will recommend, is to get a maintenance free battery in there if you don't already have one. Makes a noticeable difference in start up/cranking power on the bike.

You'll also want to check the rear splines of the final drive where the drive shaft couples with the final drive, to make sure they are properly lubed. Was an issue with them getting neglected from the factory and many a owner also not paying attention to them.

Also, be sure to check out the Vulcan Versus section of the forum. Lots of good info on there.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey, I live in como too and have only had my bike for a short while (aug), but have managed to do quite a few things to her already. If you ever need help with anything shoot me a line, if I can help I will. If nothing else we can go for a ride.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts