Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
OK so this is gonna be a little bit odd. I’m quite new to all of this and my bike here and there have some pretty odd electrical problems. Personally I think the way everything is wired is very clunky. I want to thin up the wiring harness and get rid of a lot of the “unnecessary components”. Has anybody ever tried to wire up a MO.unit blue? It would definitely cut down all the junction box problems And it would definitely make everything more neat and tidy. Plus a added bonus the unit itself tells you when there is shorts or problems in the system so it also cuts down on troubleshooting. Any opinions on trying to install something like this?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I doubt if I would ever do it. I am kind of old fashioned and just plain old. I had to search for what you were even talking about. It could be probably made to work but all I really see is a expensive way to make the Vulcan seem more modern. If I was going to go to all the work of rewiring my bike I wouldn’t bother making it operate with bluetooth/android. I would keep it low tech and just go with separate circuits, fuses where convenient and easily accessible, replaceable circuit breakers. Plus if you do everything to add the MO blue you don’t really need the MO blur. It seems to me that you just install one new component that costs a lot and if it quits has to be replaced. Costing more money again. Also if it quits you still don’t know if what it is controling is working correctly. The Vulcan does not have sensors on every component to tell a PCM its status. I see no reason for it.

The only high tech mod I see being worth the effort is the ignition (advance and retard) work being done by Jason Pittenger. Plus he is doing it and telling us about for way less than the cost of the MO blue unit. Extra - Plus it runs alongside the stock system and if it has a problem you can still switch back and use the stock system.

Adding the MO blue doesn't really get rid of the "clunky" wiring. You replace each bit of wiring then add one more piece. It just may replace the JB but that has always been talked about and can be done for much less than $300 - $400.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I doubt if I would ever do it. I am kind of old fashioned and just plain old. I had to search for what you were even talking about. It could be probably made to work but all I really see is a expensive way to make the Vulcan seem more modern. If I was going to go to all the work of rewiring my bike I wouldn’t bother making it operate with bluetooth/android. I would keep it low tech and just go with separate circuits, fuses where convenient and easily accessible, replaceable circuit breakers. Plus if you do everything to add the MO blue you don’t really need the MO blur. It seems to me that you just install one new component that costs a lot and if it quits has to be replaced. Costing more money again. Also if it quits you still don’t know if what it is controling is working correctly. The Vulcan does not have sensors on every component to tell a PCM its status. I see no reason for it.

The only high tech mod I see being worth the effort is the ignition (advance and retard) work being done by Jason Pittenger. Plus he is doing it and telling us about for way less than the cost of the MO blue unit. Extra - Plus it runs alongside the stock system and if it has a problem you can still switch back and use the stock system.

Adding the MO blue doesn't really get rid of the "clunky" wiring. You replace each bit of wiring then add one more piece. It just may replace the JB but that has always been talked about and can be done for much less than $300 - $400.
I actually ended up making my own wiring harness because dropping my headlight and removing the original instrument cluster caused it to get in the way constantly. I ended up cutting out a lot of the unnecessary stuff and made everything practically hot-swappable. Now I’m in the process of figuring out how the igniter box works So I can possibly replace that. the most difficult thing is going to be figuring out the advance on it.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting

I’m currently working on the bike. The diaphragm popped on my carburetor so I am replacing it. (Yes I only have a single carburetor probably will be posting about that soon)

41 - 44 of 44 Posts