Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Alpha Geek
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had a lot of requests on various forums to finish my jet size chart so it auto-calculates, so here it is. Let me know if there are any errors.

Mods might want to pin/sticky this.

Just plug in your reference sizes, and try to be realistic (conservative) with the power gains you expect to have. I think the last bike I had entered was a VN1500 (US version), so put in stock sizes for your bike. Should be #38/#132.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0DV0yWgkCqHbnN5U3Y1SlN4Z3M/view?usp=sharing

Attachments

·
Alpha Geek
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It gets more complicated because the pilot system also pulls fuel in most CV carbs, you usually have to jump up 10-15% on the pilot and dial the pilot screw back to compensate, or keep it stock and open the screw way up, balance with the mains, consider that the pilot is adding close to 2% difference on some carbs, some have an intermediate circuit, accelerator pump, etc... but this is a good place to start.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
OK Hex I will stick it even though I doubt that I will ever have need for the info personally. :)

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
Sweet Hex.thanks

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Hey Hex,

I can't open the second link which is a zip file: It tells me it is corrupted.

I took a look at the first link which is a chart, and I have to be honest here...I am not sure what I am looking at.

·
Alpha Geek
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for letting me know. I'll check the zip when I get off the road. Long road trip.

You just punch your current jets into the top as a reference point. It calculates the two charts automatically.

It has labeled columns for each jet. It shows a list of sizes, area of the jet port for each size, and the % difference in fuel, which you choose based on how much more air/power your mods are making. I could have left it as one chart, but two means you can see both jets at the same time.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
East bound and down loaded up and truckin. We're gonna do what they said can't be done.we've got a long way to go and a short time to get there.I'm east bound,just watch ole Bandit run

1 - 7 of 7 Posts