Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone! I have a black GMAX G69 helmet and needed to make sure I am visible at night, since there wasnt much reflective material on my helmet. This was a DIY project I undertook, not too complicated, to ensure my helmet was really visible at night, using reflective tape.

I used the 3M Black Reflective tape and Incom RED refective tape. The link are given here :-
3M Black Tape : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0010AUXPQ/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i02?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Incom Red Tape : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004BDP0LG/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Youtube Link --> http://youtu.be/9PlFF0F5XUw

The design of the "taping" is completely upto you! I choose to place parallel lines behind the helmet, as well as on the sides. I hope this helps! If you have any queries, please do let me know, Thanks for reading this!

Regards,
Vishnu

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Youtube Link --> http://youtu.be/9PlFF0F5XUw

The design of the "taping" is completely upto you! I choose to place parallel lines behind the helmet, as well as on the sides. I hope this helps! If you have any queries, please do let me know, Thanks for reading this!

Regards,
Vishnu
I messed up the link before :( My bad! The link is fixed now. Sorry about the broken link.

Regards,
Vishnu

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Reactions: jadabull

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Also Vishnu....just a note....many of your posts are beginning to seem like adverts/spam....be very, very careful please.....Parashurama is watching.... ;)

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
Ahh, that ain't fer me, don't want the cops to see me!

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Heh....when I ran with 1%ers....almost all were blacked out.... ;)

·
Super Moderator
11,860 Posts
Perhaps it would have been better to pick sonething other than a black helmet to start with. Guess you're not worried about being seen durring the DAY. LOL.

I've tried that black reflective tape, it's not as good as the orange and yellow stuff....or this tape which is even better:
http://www.colebrothers.com/schoolbus/

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Thanks for sharing your approach for increased visibility. Your method is not for everybody, but hopefully may give others ideas to improve visibility / safety. Also consider jackets or vests with reflective piping - they really stand out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also Vishnu....just a note....many of your posts are beginning to seem like adverts/spam....be very, very careful please.....Parashurama is watching.... ;)
Parasuram! I say to Thee,I have done no wrong!

Except paste stickers behind my helmet, which is not highly recommended apparently :-D!

I'll make sure they seem less spamy, thank you for the advice, I am truly humbled.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for sharing your approach for increased visibility. Your method is not for everybody, but hopefully may give others ideas to improve visibility / safety. Also consider jackets or vests with reflective piping - they really stand out.
Yes I have an Olympia jacket that's got a lot of reflection! But I was intrigued by the helmet being the most visible/highest point of a biker. Thank you for the generous feedback. Much appreciated.

Regards,
Vishnu

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,361 Posts
I was thinkin' you should make it into an ultraman helmet. Broke my leg as a child jumping off a chair yelling, 'ultra..man!" WHatever happened to ultraman and goldar?

It's the acid from that other post.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,080 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
I like the idea of the hi-vis clearcoat. I would use some fine line tape and create a nice design and spray away. If using that black tape I would use an exacto knife to put some nice points to the ends instead of leaving them squared, that's just me though.

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,361 Posts

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,718 Posts
I was thinkin' you should make it into an ultraman helmet. Broke my leg as a child jumping off a chair yelling, 'ultra..man!" WHatever happened to ultraman and goldar?

It's the acid from that other post.
goldar? not a clue.....now as for Ultraman, I think his chest light went out! :doh:

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I like this one....a la Von Dutch....

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Thats a Von Dutch "style" (modern)...a real Von Dutch helmet would go for 10k I bet....therer's a guy here pretty local that does very similar pinstriping...all the rat rodders use him...he paints from his heart, almost like Von Dutch's soul is in him...Im thinking about gettin him to do mine too...but I got med bills first, and my hand aint steady enough....he's like $60/hr...fookin genius though...
I was gonna put a Flying Eyeball on my tank before I decided on the Bob Weir one....mebbe my Harley tank will get one.... ;)

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
Thats a Von Dutch "style" (modern)...a real Von Dutch helmet would go for 10k I bet....therer's a guy here pretty local that does very similar pinstriping...all the rat rodders use him...he paints from his heart, almost like Von Dutch's soul is in him...Im thinking about gettin him to do mine too...but I got med bills first, and my hand aint steady enough....he's like $60/hr...fookin genius though...
I was gonna put a Flying Eyeball on my tank before I decided on the Bob Weir one....mebbe my Harley tank will get one.... ;)
Rear fender would be cool to, if ya ain't got the tail light there.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts