Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to connect a volt meter. How does this work? Has the volt meter two wires? Can I connect them to the + and - of the battery? I don't know much about electrics (only the basics).

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
I want to connect a volt meter. How does this work? Has the volt meter two wires? Can I connect them to the + and - of the battery? I don't know much about electrics (only the basics).
You can connect it direct to the battery but it will always be powered. You would have to install an on off switch to the volt meter. You can wire the hot lead to any wire powered with the key on and run the ground wire to the frame.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So when I understand it correctly:

Red wire connect to a wire that has power and the black wire to the frame of my bike? Do you have a suggestion for the red wire?

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
So when I understand it correctly:

Red wire connect to a wire that has power and the black wire to the frame of my bike? Do you have a suggestion for the red wire?
The red wire needs to attach to a "Switched" Power connection.
I connected mine to my Coil Mod "Relay" switched side.

btw; The extra wires in the Headlight Bucket AND the two wires near your battery box/Starter Relay are for Accessory connections AND ARE UNSWITCHED.

hope this helps

:smiley_th

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
hook the positive up to a signal running light. my suggestion

neg to chassis

kenny

1 - 5 of 5 Posts