Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tachometer jumps around all over and from what I've read from other posts it sounds like the issue is most likely not the tach itself(Light and temp gauge work) and the connections in the headlight bucket are good, so I guess the next step is to check the connection at the coil. From what I read it sounds like its behind the plastic things that have the reflector on them. Is this correct? If so how do I get to them? I don't see how those plastic things come off without taking the whole tank off first... If anyone can guide me a little in getting to the coils I would appreciate it a lot.(I tried checking my digital owners manual, but couldn't find anything related to the tachometer)

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Yes...the neck covers are attached by a black Phillips screw at the bottom of the plastic cover. they are connected together at the top, and can be removed one at a time if need be.

remove bothe screws (left and right side) and wiggle them out...then you can detatch them from each other if you need to.

The front coil should be visible once they are removed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow yeah that's really simple. I was being stupid. I had the forks turned to the left and I didn't see how it would come out. All I had to do was turn them to the right and then its just the two screws. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts