Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have removed the carbs from the engine. I also pulled the radiator because it looks like it's run city water for a long time.

I must pull the plastic manifold that connects the carbs to the ears, as it is full of dirt from sitting without filters. I've pulled every hose, and moved all but the bulk of the harness out of the way. I even repositioned a bracket that holds some connectors. I'm within a hair of getting it out, but it won't go any farther.

How does this thing come out?

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
It's my understanding that the engine has to be removed to get the surge tank off.

Good luck!!!

Mark

Edit: Okay, Mikey beat me to it.

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
you might be able to get it by only dropping the engine in the frame without completly removing it...

·
Registered
87 Posts
See I was thinking of something like that....or what about like a saws-all type of thing? Just to be reeeaaaallll careful....?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hizzo3 said:
you might be able to get it by only dropping the engine in the frame without completly removing it...

How very comforting. Designs like this make me wonder why I can't be an engineer for a major vehicle manufacturer. Seems it'd go if I pulled the harness out, but I didn't feel like it. I'm out of carb cleaner, so it'd just sit around and get dirty again.

I WILL JACK WITH IT, Then I will return.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I could be wrong but I thought I read somewhere about cutting the wrap on the wire harness and taking it out thru there. I'm thinking of getting rid of it all together and shaving the ears when I put my motor back

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cegodsey said:
If it's got crud in it, try a shop vac.

Man, with this kind of crud, I wouldn't trust a shop vac. Maybe if you sucked a load of fine sand through it, then by some strange miracle, were able to get it all out.

I'm gonna have to scrub it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IT CAME OUT. All I had to do was pull the wiring harness through and work it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts