Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just yesterday my Viking saddle bags came in. I am having a hell of a time mounting these. Everyone makes it look so easy but no matter what I do I cannot position these the way I want them. Anyone who has ever installed these bags please help me out. I am at such a loss.

·
Retired USAF (IYAAYAS)
674 Posts
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I had never installed bags nor even seen them installed. First some questions: 1) Which ones are they? 2) What kind of mounting gear came with it?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well funny enough, my wife just came home and gave me a great idea. Pictures to follow, I just finished the install

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,712 Posts
so, did you get them to fit or not? if not, yes, more info needed to help you. pictures would be great and would make every ones life a little bit easier.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got them to fit, I guess there is no way to post pictures from mobile view so I will post pictures as soon as I get home

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,712 Posts
well, I'm glad you got them to fit. yes, fitting saddle bags on a motorcycle can be a bit of a pain.
I'm looking forward to see what you've got there and to hear how you like them once you have tried them out for a while.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,712 Posts
looks good. :smiley_th

please give us a review of the bags after you've put them through some good testing.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,080 Posts
Damn I'm loving the flat black.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually my wife does fit, the bags don't touch her legs at all, took it for a small ride with her and it worked great. I love these bags, very sturdy. Ran into some rain here in good ol Washington and when I got home I looked for water on the inside. Not a drop. I am very happy at the quality. Wife and I both fit and no need to relocate turn signals. I count this as a win.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you look at the back and sides there are also assassins creed medallions that were made. Spent a lot of time getting it right

·
Thats 'Mr' Jr Member
249 Posts
That bike looks sharp in the matt finish black! Did you have the chrome stripped off the exhaust system?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No, I painted my exhaust with automotive engine flat black. To take the heat. The engine is a different color believe it of not lol. Well here is another to add to " how the hell do I mount these" I am now the proud owner of the F&S guard. But I am missing parts and instructions. So please. Help me out?

·
Thats 'Mr' Jr Member
249 Posts
No, I painted my exhaust with automotive engine flat black. To take the heat. The engine is a different color believe it of not lol. Well here is another to add to " how the hell do I mount these" I am now the proud owner of the F&S guard. But I am missing parts and instructions. So please. Help me out?
Hey Matt, I've scanned the instructions and parts list for the Engine Guard and saved it as a JPG.
I saved a scan as a PDF and it prints out ok but I cannot upload a PDF to the gallery and the JPG file is too large to upload so PM me an email address and I'll email it to you.

(Anyone else need a copy?)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts