Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I'd ask this question as I have no point of reference. How would you describe the smoothness of your Vulcans? Like glass? Pretty good vibration? Like sitting in a massage chair?

I get some pretty good vibration (i.e. massage chair) while riding, just wanting to see what you all felt was normal before I go start tearing things apart.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Figured I'd ask this question as I have no point of reference. How would you describe the smoothness of your Vulcans? Like glass? Pretty good vibration? Like sitting in a massage chair?

I get some pretty good vibration (i.e. massage chair) while riding, just wanting to see what you all felt was normal before I go start tearing things apart.
Have you ever changed your balance dampers? It could use them. They shrink, and break down over time. If you find black plasticy bits in your oil screen, then they definitely need to be done.

Requires an engine pull. Might as well do the stator, and maybe the stator cover mod while you're in there.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Sorry Nebraska68, I'll have to plead the Fifth Amendment on that one...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
An engine that is in good condition has very little vibration. You can feel a little bit at the handle bars. There is almost none at the seat.

·
Registered
194 Posts

mine is very smooth, feels like a 4 cylinder. think you have a problem.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Mines pretty smooth at most rpms. Considering its an abused 85, I was surprised. But I mounted a cam on the bars the other day, and shot thru the windshield. You can actually see the flex/vibration from the engine at diff rpms in the plexiglass (looks like youre on acid) and works like an oscilloscope. Overall though, much smoother than my Triumph and BSA, and my 68 Sportster. More vibes than my SuperGlide though.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Mine is good at most rpm. There is a rpm range where the right mirrow is a bit shakey, but the left one isn't and the right peg has a slight vib but not the left. But I don't feel anything is the seat or the bars, go figure.

·
Let's Ride!!
606 Posts
Mine has quite a lot of vibration at higher RPMs. It's been that way ever since I installed the VN900 seat. That vibration has carried through both engines it's had, as well as with the temporary replacement bike that I bought. When I put the stock seat back on before selling it, the vibration was significantly less. So it would seem that in my case it's largely due to the seat mount I made.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
No vibration at all. Very smooth.

·
Registered
445 Posts
My grand kids and wife tell me that the extended backrest vibrates a lot, but I guess that's just part of the game, I've never been back there. :)

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Odd... I had an extended when I got my bike, and didnt vibrate at all. I traded it for a stock with Inline (member), and IT vibrated so much it snapped a cupla bolts.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just got back from my first spirited test ride (I've only had my bike 2 weeks). I notice it in the floorboards at times. May be occurring elsewhere, but if so, it doesn't bother me. When I rode the bike home about 2 hours after buying it, I didn't notice any vibrations at various cruising speeds.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts