Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Gnarly Jokester
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found the table for the front tire (pre 2007) at 5 to 8 oz, but couldn't
find the rear tire on the table? estimating 8 tp 11 oz ? does that sound about right? Any tips on the installation of Rideon ?

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
My kit came with three small bottles of ride on. The instructions said to put about 2/3 bottle (maybe 6 oz) in the front and a full bottle in the rear. I don't remember the exact amount, but maybe that might help. I know I put a full bottle in the rear for sure.

·
2FAS4U
469 Posts
I remember putting 1 bottle in the rear and 1/2 in the front. That way I had enough for 2 bikes between 3 bottles. I just changed my tires and they looked like they had enough coating, but could have used a little more.
There was no residue on the rims either.

·
Gnarly Jokester
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tires are still balanced and the ride is soooooo smoooooth now.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
From the Ride-On site....

Q: Does Ride-On (TPS) run to the bottom of the tire when the tire is not in motion?

A: No. Ride-On (TPS) contains specially selected binders which prevent this from happening. The sealant remains in place covering the interior surface of the tire. If a tire treated with Ride-On (TPS) is stored for a prolonged period of time, some of the Ride-On (TPS) can eventually pool in the bottom of the tire. Once the vehicle is driven for 3 to 5 miles, Ride-On (TPS) will again re-coat the inner surface of the tire. Note: the tire may briefly vibrate and be out of balance until Ride-On (TPS) has had a chance to evenly coat the tire. When Ride-On (TPS) has re-coated the tire, there should be no further balancing problems.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Can you inflate and deflate normally ?

Sometimes ambient temperature changes dramatically from one day to the next, even from day to evening. I find myself occasionally either deflating or inflating my tires to compensate for this. So I'm wondering if Ride-On will allow me to inflate or deflate normally.

I mean, if you deflate a tire with Ride-On wouldn't it "think" its a puncture and seal it, thus preventing you from deflating ?

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Sometimes ambient temperature changes dramatically from one day to the next, even from day to evening. I find myself occasionally either deflating or inflating my tires to compensate for this. So I'm wondering if Ride-On will allow me to inflate or deflate normally.

I mean, if you deflate a tire with Ride-On wouldn't it "think" its a puncture and seal it, thus preventing you from deflating ?

Attached is a pic from the Ride-On site. You'll notice the 'protected area' is pretty much just the tread area. With the valve being opposite of this, it shouldn't be any trouble letting air out of the tire.

Attachments

·
2FAS4U
469 Posts
I have it in 2 bikes and have never noticed it ever being out of balance. Rode about 7K with it before changing tires. The Ride -On was evenly coated on the tread portion of the tire, not so much on the sidewalls. But, there was NO residue on the rims at all :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
What is the purpose of rideon never heard of it. I just installed 2 new tires. is this something I should be looking into.

·
Gnarly Jokester
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yep, it's better and newer than the more advertised Slime. It is effective
for over 5 years. Stops flats from happening. check out the Rideon website for all the details.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
I just got some, Still have to put it in.
I will do it at work, better compressor there.

·
Gnarly Jokester
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The way Ride-on says it prevents flats is when the Rider notices a nail in
the tire is to:

1. Ride the bike 2-4 miles to warm the tire.
2. Remove the nail.
3. Immediately ride the bike for 2-4 miles or so to warm the tire again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts