Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Git-R-Done!
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed lately at night (when it's easier to see) that my lights - headlight, neutral indicator, etc - seem to be flickering more than they used to. Could it be sign of my stator starting to go?

I checked my battery connections and otherwires as best I could, and they all seem to be ok.

AZ Kev

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
The lights, most notably the headlight, may be a bit dimmer at idle, but nothing should actually "flicker". Check the voltage across the battery terminals with the bike running at 2000-3000 rpm. You should get 13.5-13.9 volts. Also check both battery terminal connections, and all the ground connections. Make sure everything is nice and tight. Also check the 3 bullet connectors in the yellow wires going from the stator to the R/R. Mine were burned. I eliminated the connectors and soldered everything together.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
I have had a few issues with lights... LB Headlight ocassionally going out on right turns, turn signal ocassionally refusing to blink.. sparadic indicator light blink etc. I found cleaning electrical connections near the bars seemed to have resolved stated issues, and of course dielectric grease in the connectors.
Good Luck
WilliamTech

·
Git-R-Done!
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WT - when you say "near the bars," what exactly do you mean? I am assuming it's not like near the nudie bars or something, right? Lol

I am thinking you mean where they slide together...?

Thanks -

AZ Kev

·
Crap, I WAS in 5th gear.
500 Posts
After you check all your electrical connections, especially the ground(s,) and have checked your stator resistance, you may need to look at the battery-- there might be something funky going on like an intermittent partial short or open.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts