Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many gallons does the bike use till it goes on reserve? also its silly, but i noticed in the vulcan versus general specs that it states 65hp and 52 per individual test. dont u think ones crank hp and the other is wheel? just so people new to bikes dont get confused. thats all

·
Kawika
441 Posts
I replaced the petcock with a single tap and that one makes me switch to reserve after using about 2 gallons. (about 1.5 gallons left)
I don't recall exactly what it was on the original petcock (dual tap), but I think it was closer to 3 gallons. (about 0.5 gallons left) and the fuel intake on the petcock was shorter, allowing it to go down more before running out.

·
Super Moderator
11,865 Posts
... in the vulcan versus general specs that it states 65hp and 52 per individual test. dont u think ones crank hp and the other is wheel? just so people new to bikes dont get confused. .....

Well, if they get confused we are here to help them.

Most of us know that makers published HP figures are always "crank" and anyone that puts their bike on a dyno will get rear wheel figures.

Nice toys...but a good pic of the BMW was what I wanted to see....

KM

·
Registered
152 Posts
I've got a '93 and I seem to hit the reserve at 2.8-2.9 gallons. I fill the tank until the gas just touches the metal at the bottom of the gas tank opening

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
I've got a '93 and I seem to hit the reserve at 2.8-2.9 gallons. I fill the tank until the gas just touches the metal at the bottom of the gas tank opening
Ditto.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
I get 3.0 gal. to reserve then .5 gal. in reserve, but I do fill mine a bit full... 150+ mi. to reserve & +/-26 mi. reserve with a 110x90x19 front tire, did get a bit more with the stock 100x90x19 front tire though... 110 front avg. mpg=53, 100 front tire avg. mpg.= 56, thats about what mpg I got...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
With the HD, the Bimmer, and the dirt bikes, why bother with the VN? Unless it's for another family member.

·
Now what
400 Posts
I ran a pole a couple of years ago and most were going to reserve at 2.6 to 2.8 gallons.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Depending on how hard I run it, and what kind of roads, I use 2.3-2.8 gallons before hitting reserve. Most of the time it's 2.6.

Jim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts