Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How far are the 750s designed to lean?

I have a taken a couple turns where the foot peg scrapes the road. The bike feels stable at that angle though.

When the foot beg scrapes, does that mean I am leaning over too much or should I get new foot pegs?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Leaning

Hey guy.............If you keep that up, you will be needing more than new footpegs! :doh:

Skin graphs come to my feeble mind................:(

·
Drive less, ride more...
1,114 Posts
DarkJerry, relax.

I scrape my pegs almost every time I ride. That's what they're there for.

Scraping the pegs is just the bike's way of telling you that you are near the bike's max lean angle.

That is according to Jerry "Motorman" Palladino, the motorcycle officer/riding instructor down in central Florida.

You can visit his website by doing a Google search of "Ride Like a Pro".

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
Those little acorns on the bottom of your pegs.. They are an early warning device saying.. "Yeap, that's far enough.."

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
Those little acorns on the bottom of your pegs.. They are an early warning device saying.. "Yeap, that's far enough.."

Hahahaha, did that today and thought that exact same thing! :smiley_th

·
gun slinger
1,110 Posts
im going to need to replace them soon lol

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
im going to need to replace them soon lol
Get titanium bolts and replace those little acorn nuts,they send off a shower of cool looking sparks,but make sure you don't have a major gas leak.:smiley_th

oh yeah, it freaks the people riding behind you ,and its all for giggles,lol

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
Get titanium bolts and replace those little acorn nuts,they send off a shower of cool looking sparks,but make sure you don't have a major gas leak.:smiley_th

oh yeah, it freaks the people riding behind you ,and its all for giggles,lol
That would be sweet on some twisties!

·
Let's Ride!!
606 Posts
Hahahaha, did that today and thought that exact same thing! :smiley_th
Heh, I took them off just so I could lean that little bit further. :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Just put two little training wheels on the pegs. Reduces drag and increases MPG. :)

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
I always drag the pegs when riding on twisty roads, until the feelers are worn down to almost nothing (which increases the lean angle even further), then replace them. If you are a decent rider this is completely safe, If you have stock tires. I have no idea what, if any, effect non stock tire sizes might have on safe lean angles

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Could always adapt something like this from the US Top Gear.....

....I DO however prefer the UK version of Top Gear...THEY did it to a 3 wheel Reliant Robin ! :smiley_th

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I have done some hairpen corners at some fairly high speeds, I'm talking tires squealing corners, and never scraped a peg yet.

·
'03 VN750 "Rosie"
227 Posts
I scraped on a turn once but I could swear it was the center stand and not the foot peg that touched the pavement.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Heh, I took them off just so I could lean that little bit further. :cool:
Don't take them off, they save the pegs... I took off the OEM pegs due to the road eating on them and put some on with about 1-1/2" drag pegs... The right one is about 1/2 gone but the left is probably still 1" long... Boy will them suckers cut you in the garage or shed if you scrape a leg or something on'em...
The hard stuff is what will get you if you drag it hard in a turn, the pegs will lever up...
PS-One other thing is to lean off the inside (like the crotch rocket riders) and it will keep the bike up streighter and not drag as quick...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts