Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have all stood before our bikes and looked deep within seeing the finished cromed, polished, painted Beauty and said "It needs something" .

When do we say its perfect?

How much money, time, sweat, blood and tears have we put into our rolling master pieces.

Their our babys we name them, we pamper them, and we love them.

Yet their never finished there is always that one vendor who makes that bit of bling that we crave like a junkies next fix.

I am just affected my signature reads like a parts catalog and i have see yours too.

Do you have leather gear from head to toe does your closet look like a S&M shop?

Are you proud of your baby? Do you spend more time with it than your wife or girl freind?

Do you look foward to the sunny days of summer so you can tear up the blacktop.

If you answer yes you are a biker. Oil runs in your veins and the road is your lover.

Now what i want to know is how much have you put into your lover and do you feel its enough?

:motorcycl

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have done only one mod to my bike.And I am sure that I will add more to it as time goes on.It will be fun.Boy I need a ride bad........................

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
We have all stood before our bikes and looked deep within seeing the finished cromed, polished, painted Beauty and said "It needs something" .

When do we say its perfect?

How much money, time, sweat, blood and tears have we put into our rolling master pieces.

Their our babys we name them, we pamper them, and we love them.

Yet their never finished there is always that one vendor who makes that bit of bling that we crave like a junkies next fix.

I am just affected my signature reads like a parts catalog and i have see yours too.

Do you have leather gear from head to toe does your closet look like a S&M shop?

Are you proud of your baby? Do you spend more time with it than your wife or girl freind?

Do you look foward to the sunny days of summer so you can tear up the blacktop.

If you answer yes you are a biker. Oil runs in your veins and the road is your lover.

Now what i want to know is how much have you put into your lover and do you feel its enough?

Lurch that was well spoken.If you thought that up as you went you have a talent.I have to mirror Krawdad I made one mod to my bike and will be happy making just two more ( I think!! ) and I am jonesing real bad for a ride.I have been bragging alot with other riders from work who are also snowed in.All of the talking is making it worse on us but damn its gonna be a nice spring we all have some bragging to prove.Its gonna be a blast.Think i'll go have a drink now so I can fall asleep tonight.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i don't know what you are talking about! i just ride it!

and now if you don't mind i'll go and hide behind riot shield from the incoming barrage of rotten toamtoes...
Come Now Tank you need not hide. You are a pureist not caught up in the trappings. You are a fellow biker and we respect that.

Sometimes deep down in your sole dont you look over at the other guys bike and some times say "Dam that looks really good"? :D

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
Come Now Tank you need not hide. You are a pureist not caught up in the trappings. You are a fellow biker and we respect that.

Sometimes deep down in your sole dont you look over at the other guys bike and some times say "Dam that looks really good"? :D

well, i will confess - i got saddle bags and progressive front springs for mine,(still sitting in the box... so busy this winter its not even a joke.) but my excuse is that those upgrades are more functional then bling.

but to answer your question:
when one starts to feel that his bike is becoming more of a garage decoration then vehicle this means he overdid it long time ago.

so as long one rides it and not conserned that his new crome pipe will need cleaning (and consequently reduse his riding time) all is good.:smiley_th

·
Registered
158 Posts
I hear ya tank. My dad's neighbor has a Harley that he never rides for more than a 1/2hour at a time, and washes and waxes it after each ride.

That is just a waste of a perfectly good motorcycle.

·
Waffle House regular…
60 Posts
I have so many side projects and I must admit my Vulcan is but one. I just picked up an old pop-up camper that needs work…my honey-do list is a mile long. Plus I have two girls in collage.

I ride when I can and hope my stator holds out!!!

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
"It's never done"
Chad summed it up for so many of us, but I want to add how proud of all of you I am in your mod's to your bikes. When I get together with other VN750 owners and we have our bikes parked side by side, some folks would be hard pressed to even tell that they are all the same model bike, and this with very few options available to us in the aftermarket arena. Many of you have done ear shaves, changed up handlebars, seats, shocks, lowered the bike, made it a rigid old school bobber, painted it and fabricated many items yourselves.
I get a chuckle when I go on large group rides and someone next to me on their 1500cc to 2000cc cruiser shows me the $3,000.00 in Kuryakin chrome bolt-ons they have added to their bikes but it still looks stock to me......

Stevie D.
Chicago

·
Avid Rider
279 Posts
Bling'ing your bike some is what makes it yours (I think). This is my first bling on my new one, some kury iso flame grips...:smiley_th

·
Registered
299 Posts
:motorcycl Well I got to take a nice little ride Saterday.3-3-07.What a great day 55 degrees It felt great to be on that pavement.OH YEAH.....................

1 - 14 of 14 Posts